Seven>>>>

After school, I was scared. Initiation was coming closer by the minute. I made sure not to make my fear visible because I didn't want anyone in the Red Ring of Flame to think I was a coward. I felt sick on the bus. I was thinking about not going, but if I did, I would probably lose my friends. That was the last thing I needed.
     The bus stopped at Delilah's house, and all 3 of us got off. Her mother wasn't home again. I shuddered when I walked in. Delilah grabbed my wrist and led me to the basement door. I was violently sweating. She grabbed a key from her pocket. It was scarlet, the color of flames and of blood. She unlocked the basement door, and we descended into darkness.
      The stair well was almost pitch black. It was certainly a good thing that my eyes adjusted to darkness quickly, or I would have fallen down the stairs. When we walked around the corner, there was a big ring of candles and people were standing behind it. Delilah and Jeremiah put on black cloaks over their clothes. They pushed me into the middle of the ring. I fell on the ground, and when I tried to get up, I almost set my hair on fire. Suddenly, a tall figure holding a book walked towards me.