The Scientist

Blaine and Kurt broke up 1 month ago and they were dating for 6 months... Blaine transferred to McKinley and has just got into the New Directions.
-_-_-

"Wow! Blaine that was really something!" Mr. Schue clapped his hands.

"Thanks!" Blaine grinned as the rest of the room applauded him.

"So, now that Blaine has joined us we have an even number. And I can finally set the assignment for this week!" Mr. Schue explained as Blaine sat in a chair at the front, trying not to make eye contact with the blue eyes boring holes into him, "I have this big wheel with all of your names on it, you guys will come and spin it and whoever's name the arrow lands on will have to sing what they and their partner think to be the worlds greatest breakup song or getting back together song, you decide!"

"I'll go first!" Rachel raised her hand and got up to spin, "Puck!"

"Kurt, you go." Rachel tapped the chestnut haired boy's shoulder.

"Ok." Kurt frowned but stood up and spun the wheel anyway, "Blaine." Kurt sighed, he knew he couldn't change it. He was stuck with his ex-boyfriend. Great.

Blaine's eyes widened. This can't be good. This can't be good. Do something! Say something! Anything!

"O-okay." Congratulations, you just made a fool of yourself in front of everyone. Blaine let out a low, frustrated growl causing Mercedes and Sam to look back worriedly. You're an idiot. 'Shut up.' Blaine hated the voice inside his head sometimes.

-_-_-

"Rachel and Puck, that was great!" Mr. Schue cheered as the pair sat down. Once the New Directions had finished applauding them he continued, "Blaine and Kurt, you were paired after Rachel and Puck so you can go next."

"Okay." Kurt shrugged and stepped onto the stage, Blaine trailing behind him.

Kurt sighed as the opening chords began to play and he opened his mouth to sing a song that had so much meaning to him hidden behind the lyrics, the meanings that none of the current audience members knew of.

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Blaine already felt tears starting to well up in his eyes as he began to sing. These words summed up exactly what had gone on and how he felt.

Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a science apart

Neither singer opened their eyes as their voices mixed together in such a perfect way, it was as if they were meant to be sung together.

Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh, take me back to the start.

Kurt slowly opened his eyes to stare back at his Glee club who were watching the pair on the stage in awe. He took a deep breath before singing his part.