Chapter Five, First Date

This is not all of chapter five just most of it. I am posting this so that some people who are getting a little bit in patient (IamLakm) will be happy. This is just the start they will be a couple more pages.

Groaning I stood up from the window seat. Stretching I looked over my shoulder at the time. It was already seven thirty am, half an hour latter then I normally wake. “Tonight I’m sleeping in my bed.” I muttered to my self. “I mean what else is it there for?” Stumbling I grab my hair brush, a towel and some clothes, and make my way passed Mike’s room in to the wash room down the hall. Locking the door behind me I turn the shower on full blast. Deftly I strip and step in to the hot water. Sighing in relief I let the water pour down my back. Quickly I washed my hair. After a minute of silent debate I shaved my legs. As I stepped out of the shower I wrapped my towel around me. Taking a cloth I wiped the steam from the mirror. Looking at my self I could see nothing special. I was almost an exact replica of my dad. The only deference’s we had, besides the fact that I was a girl, were my eyes, a mixture of blue and green, and my hair was darker more brown then blond unless you look at it in the sun then it lightened. Why did James want to go on a date with me? I am so plain. He’ll see that tonight, I told my self; he’ll see I’m not what he wants. Now why did that make me sad? Shaking my head I banished the thoughts of James. Grabbing my hair brush I pulled it through my hair letting the water run down my neck and off my hair to be absorbed by the towel. Once that was done I changed in to the sweat pants and short sleeve shirt I had brought. Again I looked at the mirror. At the almost healed cut on my cheek. At my skin relatively blemish free but so pale from lack of sun. There was nothing remarkable about me at all. Stop thinking I told my self go see Aunt Jackie she’ll have a list of things for you to do. I left the washroom and drop my stuff off in my room before heading to the kitchen. Aunt Jackie was all ready there making enough French toast for an army.

“Who are we feeding?” I asked her, “the country?” She turned around her eyes sparkling.

“You know I could never feed all of Canada.” She said, “Maybe France but not Canada.”

“But your French toast would put theirs to shame.” I told her, hugging her.

“You’re not aloud to leave ever you give an old lady hope.” She said.

“You ain’t old” I told her. “You want to see an old lady meet my old history teacher. She’s been there for most of the things she’s taught us.”

“There you go doing it again.” She exclaimed, stepping back. “Now go put enough plates on the table for nine.”

I laughed and went to get the plates. “Who are we feeding?” I asked her.

“Your cousin’s friends,” She told me.

“Do they always come over for break fast?”

“And lunch and dinner.”

“Really?”

“Yeah”

“So I can’t just come down and eat my break fast in my pajamas any more.” I sighed.

“You can I’ll just have to hit any of my friends if they look at you.” Mike said from the door way. “Maybe it’s better if you don’t.” I rolled my eyes. Mike walked in grabbing a plate and three pieces of toast before sitting at the table. I grabbed the cutlery we would need. Looking out the kitchen window I smiled.

“I’ll be right back.” I said taking a flat basket from the floor next to the door. Running I made it to the far end of the large yard in a minute. That where I started picking the raspberries that had been growing in the yard since I was little. I am a berry picking pro, always had been always will be. But by the time I got back to the house with my full basket all of the guys were there. I walked to the sink washed the berries off and put them on the table.