Prologue

I sit with my back against the door with a blade in one hand. The wetness on my cheeks tells me I'm crying and my vision is blurry. I don't remember when the tears started streaming down my face. All I hear is my grandmother still yelling, although, I don't remember what she is yelling about. I wonder what she would say if she knew what I was about to do. How did things get this fucked up?
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Xora Jeffries. I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school. I'm supposed to be going to college next year but at the rate I'm going I might not make it
It all started when I was born. I was born in the late 90's but I am literally a 'crack baby'. My momma did crack , and my father sold it.
My mother Jocelyn died before I was 10. And I know that's my mom, and that your not supposed to speak bad of the dead, but I hate her. But before you go judging me, let me explain. My mother was nothing but an addict, a hoe, and a liar. I was taken out of her custody by the age of 2. And all she did was keep trying to fight for me so she could collect a check. When she died I didn't even cry. I was just sort of numb to it all, ya know?
My dad has been in prison since as long as I can remember. I don't know all the details but from what I learned through Inmate Lookup online. He killed two people, and assaulted another. Pretty fucked up right? But that's just my life. Let me start from the beginning of it all.

A/N: I'm super excited about writing this. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Just hope your along for the ride with me. I promise not all of the chapters will be this short! Vote, comment share!