"Babe"

I can't believe its them. I'd heard rumors about them but I never thought it was true. My ex-girlfriend Jessenia Loso (Or Loka as we call her) was standing against her locker. In front her was a boy who towered over her. The same boy who just so happened to also be my ex, Shawn Byers. He was standing close enough to her to kiss her. Which, is exactly what he did next. In any other situation, I would've been fine. However, considering that less than 24 hours ago he was texting me telling me how he wanted to get back together with me, I was furious. I wanted to walk right over there and punch them both, but I was stuck. I couldn't move or think. The second bell rang and knocked me out of my trance. Then I realized not only had I been staring, I'd been crying too. I rushed right past them toward the bathroom with blurry vision toward the bathroom at the end of the hall.
I was almost at the door when I felt someone grab my wrist. From the feel of his hand I already knew who it was. With my free hand I wiped the tears from my eyes and the wetness from my cheeks. I wasn't gonna let him see me cry. I turned to face him. With me being 5'8" and him being 6'2" I had to look up to see his eyes. He looked down at me with his brown eyes. "Let me go" I said trying to free my wrist from his firm grip. "Babe," he began. I cut him off before he could tell me another lie. "Don't call me that" I said. My eyes were stinging, and I could feel the tears beginning to well up again. "I'm not your 'babe', why don't you go talk to your little girlfriend " I said harshly. I knew the front wouldn't last for long. I was hurt and I was a sucker for him. "She isn't my girlfriend," he started, "You know you're the one I really want". When the first tear fell from my eye he cupped my face with his hand and wiped it away with his thumb. I expected him to move his hand but when he didn't I swatted it away.
"No, I don't know that. If she isn't your girlfriend then why are you kissing her in the middle of the hall?" I searched his eyes waiting for an answer, but when I didn't get one I continued my verbal assault. "You just want me to be your little secret hoe." I yelled  fiercely, "All you talk about is how you want me back and how you want to be a real relationship this time, but then you go and do bullshit like this! Fuck you, man. We have nothing. We are nothing. Now let me go!"
When I finished yelling he let my hand go. For a second, I thought I saw hurt flash through his eyes, but as soon as I started searching for it, it was gone. I felt my cheeks grow wet and my vision became blurry but this time he didn't cup my face and wipe my tears. I turned away from him and walked to the bathroom without even looking back. The entire way there the only sound had been the sticking of my shoes to the floor as I walked. He still hadn't moved.
I went into the bathroom and wiped my face off. It was much too late to go to class so all I could too was think about all that had happened in the past year between us that all led to this moment.

A/N : Woah. Harsh right? Maybe not considering everything. What do you guys think of Shawn? In the next chapter you'll really get to know him better.
Vote Comment Share