Chapter 4

Briiiing briiiing briiiiing briiiiing briiiiiiing briiiiing briiiiiing briiiiiiiinng!

"Hmm..." I groaned, sleep still heavy on my eyelids. My damn alarm was set for today even though I don't have uni. I lifted my arm out of the warm, thick duvet and batted my alarm clock to shut it up. It didn't turn off and I realized I had to push the switch at the back; my fingers fumbled around the back to switch it off but it didn't work. In the end, I slammed it on the floor and I heard a loud crack; I heard something roll down the floor (probably batteries) and now that I was content I went back to sleep.

-

Am I dreaming? I smell a wonderful aroma of bacon and eggs. I shift around, and then realize that the smell is real. I abruptly open my eyes, then wince as bright beams of sun enter my room, hurting my eyes. Seconds later, I notice a plate wobbling right under my nose.

"Surprise!" Mum smiled, looking cute in a polka dot pyjama set with a thick white robe wrapped around her.

"Hm," I grunted, still half-asleep. "Whatt...?"

"Well," she cheerily chirped, "it's a nice day! We should do something, you know, me and you. It's been a while, hasn't it."

I sighed inwardly, and smiled. I glanced around my suddenly tidy room and noticed something was missing. The whiteboard from last night. She wouldn't take it... would she? I know she's set against me not staying at a dorm but after that research, I could prove myself. I need to get her out, so I can search for it.

I quickly sat up, wide awake and pushed the plate away gently. "Ohh.. Mum, you shouldn't have. Thank you but I've got a ton of studying to do today and anyway, I'm not hungry..." I reconsidered the 'I'm not hungry ' part, "just leave the breakfast downstairs. I need to go out today anyway."

I wished I didn't see the disappointed and upset look on her face, and guilt flooded me but then I breathed out. No, she's not letting me live my life so she'll have to learn to live a life without me, I guess. After what felt like an eternity of kindly shooing her away, I dived for the bathroom and showered in record quick time. Wading through a pile of clothes on my floor, I struggled for what to wear. Should I go for the Adidas shirt and the Adidas Superstars? Or the camel  turtle neck with my strappy heels? Or... and I noticed the perfect outfit. A grey, tight-fitting turtleneck paired with ripped, white skinny jeans and a long camel, sleeved waistcoat. Outfit complete with a pair of black, 3 inch wedges. (the picture below is a picture of the outfit)

Now content with my outfit, I combed my hair through and glanced at my mirror, ready to go

Now content with my outfit, I combed my hair through and glanced at my mirror, ready to go. But... I wasn't satisfied. I had just turned single and now I'm back in the single girls club and although I am in no state to find another guy, it would be quite nice to enjoy being single and 'pulling' guys. Well, trying to anyway. So I grabbed my complete hair set equipped with a curler, a straightener, volume-increasing mousse, hairspray and my thin, sharp comb. Three quarters of an hour later, after a lot of googling 'how to...' I settled on French braids. Of course, it's the trend but I've never done it on myself. In fact, whilst I was dating Mason, I never bothered about my looks because I didn't really need to impress anyone now, did I? And my hair was just the same old boring dirty blonde with highlights of brown that was rarely styled for my satisfaction. I would just slip on some old sports shirt with shitty shorts and muddy trainers. And my hair, oh, I wouldn't even comb it through. I would just finger-fluff it and done. Yes, trampy me. But that was a time when I was taken by a lying, cheating dirtbag. Now, now, I am better. And I will not regret this whatsoever. Anyway, I spray my hair a bit and puffed up my hair a bit to make it look more messy. (the picture of hair below is how selena's hair looks)