Waiting for an answer.

Hi, my name’s Katie. You all know the stories of werewolves and how they all belonged to someone and that special someone was their mate. For those of you who are not clear on the subject, mates are like soul mates. Basically, mates are like the last piece of your puzzle that completes you and I, as a werewolf, also have found my mate.  This is a very different story than those you’ve heard and it’s nothing new either. I’m not trying to be different or be original because I don’t know if someone else had ever been in the same situation as me.

My mate is named James. Yes, he’s a hot guy with icy blonde hair and the dreamy baby blue eyes that most people think a guy named James would have and yes, he is sort of British—American mother, British father but he grew up in America so he talks like an American but he sometimes uses these cute British words like cheers etc. James and I met when my family moved to his town and joined his pack. He was the Beta of the pack so we found each other when he looked into my eyes when my parents met his dad, the Alpha. James and I began dating and he was sweet, kind, protective, and chivalrous and was the perfect boyfriend for a few months until things changed when his parents died while he was on a date with me. At first, I felt so guilty and everything but James never blamed me but I did. I blamed myself for his parent’s death. The next few months after that, I felt so guilty and was so scared to face him but James told me he didn’t blame me, that no one did. I trusted him and picked myself up. He started to smile and laugh again and took his position as Alpha too with me by his side but he never really seemed happy like he was before.

So what did I do, you ask? I had to be strong for the both of us. I smiled every day, hoping he would smile like he used to. I stood next to him and was there for him whenever he needed me. It didn’t matter that our first time wasn’t loving or tender or special as long as he wasn’t suffering with the thought of his parent’s death. Nothing mattered as long as I had him and he was happy. Nothing mattered as long as I could get my James back to his happy self.

Nothing at all.