chapter 5

Bart's POV

It's been two days since Lexi has been in the hospital. I haven't been doing my homework. I haven't eaten at all, I'm so depressed, I'm so scared that she won't be okay. I begged and begged my parents to let me go visit her every day but they said only on weekends. Every night I cry myself to sleep.

What if she wakes up and I'm not there to comfort her? What if she thinks I don't care when I really do.

(3 days later)

Today was Friday. The bus was at my stop, once the bus driver opened the doors I ran home as fast as I could. I burst through the doors. "Mom! Dad! It's Friday! Can we please go visit Lexi today, please!" I begged them. "Sure, I was just going to ask you if you wanted to go because I know you've been asking a lot lately.

I'm sure she's fine, Bart." Mom said trying to make me feel better. "Can we go now please?!" I yelled jumping up and down. "Once Jory gets here, then, yes." He better get his butt over here and not be doing stuff with Melody, I thought. After about fifteen minutes, Jory comes through the front door.

"Where have you been?! You're wasting time! I have to go see Lexi!" I yelled at Jory. "Okay! Gosh Bart! At least I'm here now!" Jory yelled back at me.

(Minutes later...)

We finally arrived at the hospital. I ran to the elevator. "Bart! Bart, wait!" My mom yelled. I was tired of waiting for them to catch up to me. We got to Lexi's room. I grabbed the flowers from Jory's hand, I ran up to her, she was asleep. "Lexi, Lexi wake up." I whispered I saw her eyes flutter open. "Bart?" She asked softly.

"Yeah, it's me," I say smiling at her. "How are you feeling?" "Tired," she said. "But I'm so glad to see you." "We'll leave you two alone to catch up, Bart, we'll be in the waiting room." My mom said. "Okay, bye." I say to her wanting her to leave. They left after I said 'bye'. "I got these flowers for you." I say turning my attention back to Lexi.

"Thank you so much, Bart. Can you go put them in that vase please, with some water?" She asked, pointing towards a vase, in a weak voice. "Of course, anything for you." I say smiling. After I got done with that I sat next to her bed in a chair. I gently grabbed a hold of her hand.

"There's been something I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now... Lexi, I think you're amazing, you're my best friend, you're so beautiful, inside and out, I would do anything for you, I like you, Lexi, and I just hope u feel the same way about me." I said, nervously waiting for her response. She looked at me, her face lit up with happiness.

Lexi's POV

I can't believe it, Bart really likes me. I never would've thought he felt the same way about me. I have to tell him I like him. "I-I do feel the same way about you, Bart, I love you." I said he smiled. "I love you too." He said I smiled at him. "So... are we a thing now?" I asked him. "Yes... but I haven't asked you the proper way."

He says as he gets a tiny box from his pocket. "Will you be my girlfriend, Lexi?" He asked me while opening the box revealing a beautiful red heart shaped ring. "Yes! A thousand times yes!" I say so happily I wrap my arms around his neck bringing him into a hug he wraps his arms around my waist, we held the hug for a while, so I released my grib and smiled like an idiot.

Bart takes the ring and slips it onto my right ring finger. "I be back to visit you tomorrow, I promise. My parents will only let me come on Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday's." He said making a frowny face. "Hey, it's better than nothing." I say giving him one last hug. "Goodbye love," he said kissing my cheek, I blushed and smiled at him. "Goodbye Bart." I say waving goodbye to him.