twelve

Carter and Harry had gone back to where they met. Carter was afraid of Jacob finding out where she was and coming for her and Harry wasn't going to let that happen.

Her apartment was still not hers anymore, but Harry's warehouse was drastically different. All of the bright colors had been replaced with sad and gray tones, he'd completed the bathroom, and he upgraded his kitchen.

Everything was beautiful except the sadness that seeped through all of his masterpiece's. As soon as she noticed it, Harry frowned with her and covered everything up with a promise to store them somewhere else and upgrade to his usual cheery works.

Pandora was elated to see her again, the two had talked over Skype and sent calls and texts back and forth, but it wasn't as frequent as it used to be and they missed each other terribly. She was happy to see that she had gone back to Harry, even though a lot of trouble led up to her going back to him.

They had only been home for a few days when Carter woke early in the morning, struggled to free herself from Harry's hold, and rushed to the bathroom only to end up vomiting. The pattern continued every now and then and she panicked around ten, shaking Harry's arm and trying to wake him up.

Tears burned at the corners of her eyes and her lips trembled. Harry was slow to wake up, just like always, and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, a yawn taking it's hold almost immediately.

Once the sleep had left, only slightly, and he'd noticed how upset Carter was, he sat up quickly, "Sweetheart, what is it? Please stop crying, I hate it when you cry."

Carter crawled into the bed and he held her without her having to say anything, his hands rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"Hey, what happened?"

His voice was soft and laced with heavy concern, his eyes filled with worry. Carter wiped her eyes and took deep breaths to calm herself down.

"I'm pregnant, Harry. And I...I don't know if it's yours."

She watched his eyes widen slowly and his lips part only to close again. He thought about her confession briefly, "How do you know? Did you take any tests?"

Carter shook her head quickly, "No, but I've been throwing up all morning and I feel like I did the...the last time that I was pregnant."

She lost all of her newfound calmness seconds later, heavy tears rolling down her cheeks as she clung to Harry, "God, I don't know if it's yours."

Harry thought about how long it had been since her incident and gently eased her back so that she was looking into his eyes when he spoke.

"Sweetheart, enough time hasn't passed for it to be his." The left side of his mouth lifted slightly, "Look at your stomach too, doesn't it look a little bigger than it should be if you just found out?"

Carter bit down on her lower lip, thinking carefully about what he'd said. The last time that she was pregnant, she'd only gotten morning sickness when she was a good month in. And, now that he'd brought it up, her stomach did look a little bigger than it had before, only a little, but she noticed it.

It took Harry by complete surprise when she beamed and threw her arms around his neck, "You're right! Harry, we're going to have a baby!"

She pulled back only to kiss all over his face numerous times before stopping at his lips and kissing him deeply, his hands resting on her hips.

The happiness only lasted for so long though. After a few minutes, Carter had started to think about what happened with her last pregnancy and burst out in frantic tears.