twenty seven

Carter bit her lip and tried not to giggle as Harry painted bright and beautiful flowers over her stomach. The brush tickled and made her giddy and giggly all at once.

He'd asked hundreds of times to paint on her growing stomach and she finally gave in, but only if he used acrylics because any other type of paint wasn't safe. Harry was overjoyed and drove to the warehouse to get what he needed the moment she had said yes.

Poppy went along because she loved the warehouse and because she wanted to give him ideas about what to paint. Currently, she was watching from the end of the bed, her legs folded over one another and a bright smile on her face.

Poppy was super excited to be a big sister. She loved babies and she couldn't wait to help her parents take care of theirs. Carter and Harry hadn't come up with any names yet, but Poppy had a page full of names for a boy and for a girl.

Carter had told her why they hadn't picked out any names yet and it made her sad, but she knew that nothing bad would happen this time and Carter agreed.

Harry was treating Carter like a Queen even though she insisted that she was fine. He was so in love with another chance to have a baby and he didn't listen even when she grew fed up with him.

The brush left her skin and Carter smiled, "Are you happy now?"

Harry grinned with the paintbrush stuck between his teeth, "Very."

Everyone laughed and Carter started to push herself up, "Good, because I've needed to pee since you started."

Harry laughed and kissed her cheek as he helped her stand up, "You always have to pee."

Poppy snickered and Carter rolled her eyes, "Well, if you didn't want a baby, then I wouldn't have to pee all the time."

"Point taken."

Poppy watched the two of them argue over Harry following her into the bathroom. Now that Carter was pregnant, they argued about the funniest things and it was very amusing to watch. Of course, they were never really mad at each other. Well, Carter was occasionally irritated with Harry for being overly clingy, but it didn't make a difference because he wasn't going to stop any time soon.

Harry stood outside the door and waited for Carter; she thought that it was funny and playfully swatted at his chest. "You're super annoying."

Harry beamed in response, "But you love me. So, you're going to have to deal with it, because I'm here forever."

He held up his hand so that she could clearly see his wedding band. Carter rolled her eyes and looked to Poppy, "Do you see what I have to deal with while you're in school?"

Midnight and Peaches had hopped up on the bed with her and she was rubbing behind their ears. Poppy smiled to herself, both because of the purring cats and because of the question her mother had asked her.

Poppy shrugged, "I like dad."

Carter laughed as Harry fussed around with his camera, "You were supposed to have my back there, but that's okay. I forgive you."

Harry chuckled as he continued to press buttons, "Want to know who else likes me?"

Poppy already knew what was coming and flushed with embarrassment.

"Who?"

Harry grinned and stopped fussing with his camera to met Carter's eyes, "Poppy's friends."

Carter laughed loudly and looked over to Poppy who pretended to be more interested in the two cats, "Really? Poppy, is that why you don't have them over all the time?"