Over It

"Why haven't you been talking to me? It's been almost a whole month." I asked Ace.

We started dating a few months ago and he seemed so good for me but, lately he's been really distance. He's been texting back late or just left me on read. It's really starting to irk me.

" I've been working on school stuff. I have to study for test and stuff." He answered as if he didn't care. He seemed not to care at all as he just continued to take his stuff out of his locker.

"I understand that school is your priority but, since I'm your girlfriend I should be a priority too."

He didn't even respond.

"You know what I'm done...you can have your school." I said walking off.

" I'll date school any day." He said as I was walking.

"Yea you do that." I said still walking.

I honestly wanted to go home and cry my eyes out but, I know my mom's home and I don't want to talk to her about it. I took a deep breath and walked into my first period.

School was now over and I was walking to my car. I got in and let some tears fall. I didn't want to break down fully because I still have to drive home. I wiped my tears and started driving.

By the time I parked in front of my house I couldn't hold it in anymore. I locked my car and ran into my house.

Ajay pov.
I was driving home and it was 1 o'clock in the morning. I parked in my driveway and started walking to my house. I instantly stopped when I heard a smashing sound coming from my neighbors house. A part of me said to go check it out and the other just told me to mind my business. I sighed and walked toward the house. I heard another smash and music.

I tried turning the knob but, it was locked.

" okay just go home now." I turned and kicked the door mat by accident and found a key under it.

" awww" I whined and picked it up.

I unlocked the door and walked in. I saw my neighbor in some pink shorts and a tank top.

"Are you okay"? She jumped around.

" No I'm not okay. Why can't I be happy? Why can't I have someone who will love me for me? Why can't someone treat me how I want to be treated? huh huh huh?" She threw a plate in my direction and it hit the wall.

She fell to th floor and started breaking down. I sat next to her and held her.

Mia pov.
I don't know how long it has been but, he's been holding me for a while and I really needed this. I don't even care that I got snot on his shirt.
Out of nowhere I really wanted some ice cream. I got out of his grasp and got some chocolate ice cream from the freezer.I got a spoon and sat on the couch.

" What happened"? He said breaking the silence.

" Had a bad break up." I said embarrassed.

" You did this over a breakup. You gonna have to tell me more ma."
Ajay pov.
After she explained the whole situation I felt bad for her. This little girl is going through so much to find love. I honestly never loved anyone but my mama.

" Look love might seem as a priority right now but it's not. The lovey dovey shit you see they probably not gonna last. You have so much more stuff to worry about. Like school. You betta not be failing nothing out here worrying about some boy." I said acting like I was about to take off my belt.

" Of course not" She laughed moving my hands from my belt.

" Thank you"She said hugging me getting ice cream on my shirt.

" c ' mon you already got snot on me. "

"You know what imma just give up entirely. I don't need love at all." I stated standing like I was giving a speech.

"You go girl." He said clapping.