Whispering Secrets (part 1)

And just like that I found myself lying alone upon the frames of my single bed, drowning in chaotic, chunks of dry blood. To me, this was no news, but to others it was a shooting star exploding at midnight. It became so normal, the blood did. Because I normalized it so well within my head, bleeding all over the floor wasn't distress, not one bit.

Moments later, I gathered my consciousness, and I began to clean the mess I left behind. To my surprise, I still hadn't flustered up the courage to tell anyone of my recent episodes. Only because I didn't want them to worry. I may have a serious condition, but I'm not ready to go back to the hospital just yet. I grabbed the first aid alcohol, and attempted to clean the dry blood out of my carpet by applying pressure to the stains. Even then,  blood was still coming down my face all the way down to my pink polka dotted dress, covering the red and white dots with dark blood.  ugh another dress that i have to throw away. I lifted my dress above my head, and hide it under my bed until i came back. I grabbed multiple tissues and fiercely wiped blood away from my face using the alcohol. The strong scent of alcohol was driving itself up my nose, and down my throat. I opened my closet doors to look for the first thing i could wear. Dress? No. T-shirt? No, this one is too tight. I need a loose one. Ah yes, this one. I took my black baggy t- shirt that i had bought for three dollars the other day, and wore it. I unlocked my door, and quickly headed to the shower before any soul in my house could witness my presence. I quickly shut the door behind me, and twisted the showerhead to make sure all the blood stench was off my body.  i washed quickly and allowed my back to enjoy the hot steam, which led me to feel more relaxed.  I ran out of the shower, dressed up, and rushed back into my room.

I can't believe i would get such a horrible nosebleed ten minutes before i leave for school. Now i have to dress up again before my parents come to rush me. I don't want to worry anyone. I just need to keep headstrong, and hurry up and dress. I panicked looking through my closet, throwing clothes in and out like it was already time for spring cleaning. I finally found a dress, but it was the same one i wore yesterday. oh well, it doesn't matter. I just need to hurry up.  I put on my black, knee legth, zebra print dress, and proceded to wear my black, shiny gladiators.

"Hey! LIANA! The bus is going to come in a couple of minutes! HURRY UP," my brother, Andrew, screamed through the wooden door.

"Alright bro, ill be out in one sec, " I gathered my appearance very quickly in the mirror, and opened the door. As soon as i did so, Andie and I ran like crazy to the bus stop. 

Once we finally caught up to the Davis High School (DHS)'s bus, and got situated in my seat right next to Andrew, he was quick to ask, " So, have you been ok lately?" I was looking out of the window as it was driving away from my neighborhood, fiddling with my auburn hair. I could see the reflection of my hazel eyes, wavy hair, and all the students behind me in the window.

" What do you mean by 'ok'? Have i done anything lately to make you think otherwise?" I said with a suspicious look running through my face. His huge, rough fingers brushed against his light washed jeans, and his arm muscles were protruding so much that he was hurting the top of my arm. "What the hell? Why are you trying to flex your biceps all over me? Just answer!" One strand of his naturally auburn hair fell down onto his left eye as he said " You just seem out of it these days. "

"What.. how do i seem the slightest bit out of it, Andy?" I said giving him an awkward look.

" You are always spacing out! like constantly spacing out, you barely eat any of the food Mom puts on the dinner table, " He says with a snarky attitude

"Maybe im just not hungry? Do yourself a favor, and mind your own business! You're a freaking senior, you sure as hell should be applying for universities and crap instead of observing me during dinner time. "

"You know what? I regret asking. SORRY FOR worrying about my younger sister, " He said sarcastingly while shortly looking away afterwards. He picks up his bag from the floor, and goes to sit near one of his friends. Gosh, I didn't mean to offend you.