Let me be me

I woke up with my mother shaking my arm while sitting on my bed.

 “Mom, why did you wake me up?”

I asked sounding a little bit annoyed.

“Well Honey, We have to get you dressed and looking nice for the pageant that’s starts at 2:00, so we only have 4 hours! Let’s get moving.”

I thought about it for awhile and then decided that it would be better if I went so that my Mother and I would have some time together before she went off to Brazil, leaving me all alone in our huge house with nothing to do. As soon as she left the room I shot up, poled the covers off of me and climbed out of bed. When my feet touched the could floor it sent shivers down my spine making me shake. I made my way to my dresser and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a red v-neck t-shirt.

When I got out of the shower, I found a poufy, short, pink dress lying on my queen size bed with a note that read “I know that you’re going to hate me for making you this but it’s what the judges are looking for, I’ve put some pictures of ways that you should put your hair. I’ll be back, just getting some new make-up for you, Mom” I sighed and then sat on my bed and took out my new iphone and texted my best friend, Collin James.

Hey, what’s up?

-Robin

Because I was so rudely awaken I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes. Right as I was about to fall asleep my phone started to quack, meaning I got an answer from Collin.

Why r U up so early?

-Collin

I decided to answer with

It’s my mom’s fault

-Robin

Just then I heard my mom’s car pull into the drive way. I jumped up from my bed and grabbed the horrid dress to look at the pictures that she had printed so that when she came in she would think I cared.

“I see your looking at the pictures I printed out for you.”

My mother said as she entered my bedroom.

“Yah, but there’s a problem...I can’t choose which one I like best, there all very nice!”

I lied to my own mother, nothing new for me. Because I was daydreaming with my mother going on and on about hair I dint realize that my phone was quaking.

“Robin...Robin?”

“Ah, yah”

She looked puzzled and shocked that I wasn’t listening.

“You’re phone is being a duck”

I immediately grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and checked to see what Collin had said.

Dude, isn’t today the day of that stupid pageant or something?

-Collin

Yup it sure is

-Robin

“I’m sorry mom, what were you saying?”

I had to get my mother to believe that I cared about this type of thing.

“I was just asking you if you wanted it up or down.”

“Well, down is easier right?”

She looked like she had just gotten an idea, I was in trouble now.

“What if we put it half up half down then we could combine two of these hair styles!”

As she spoke she made weird hand motions and at the end of all that she finally pointed to the pictures in her hands.

“Sure we could do that.”

I said sounding a little flat