Chapter 2: Pink Frills And Corny Smiles

“Don’t forget your heals!”

My mother chirped happily after me as I walked down the stairs to the driveway wear my mother’s neon green car was waiting for me…whoopy!

Once I got in the car I took out my iphone I saw how stupid my hair looked, with curls going all over the place and a thick bun in the back of my head. I was in the middle of thinking when my phone made my hand vibrate and quack.

-Hey can U give me a ride?

-Collin

“Hey, mom can we give Collin a ride to the pageant?” I asked

“Ah, sure were passing by his place anyway.”

Without saying anything else we picked him up. Right away he made a witty comment about my hair.

“Whoa, how’d you get it so big?” he said

“It’s a little thing called hair spray…you know that thing you use every day to impress oh what’s her name Sarah is it?”I said with a foolish smirk. Collin has had a crush on Sarah Rammer since grade 4 when she wore a “beautiful flowy thing” as he had called it.

“Touché my dear friend, touché.” he said with a grin.

“Well, I try my best to make fun of you!”

After that we both laughed like a bunch of hyenas.

Once we got to the pageant I noticed that there were some girls that I knew from school. One of them was Sarah Rammer. Once I told Collin that she was there he ran off to try and talk to her.

“So, are you going to be okay while I’m gone?” My mother said

“How many times have you left to go on a trip?” I questioned

She doesn’t answer for awhile then out of no were comes a little giggle and I immediately I turn around, nothing so I look over to where Collin was standing but he’s not there. Where could he be? Suddenly my mom taps me on the shoulder and points to my left.

“He’s behind you” she said

Before I can turn around another little giggle comes from behind me and suddenly I know who was making those little noises…It was Collin!

“Why are you laughing like a little girl?”I asked

“I am not!”He exclaimed.

“Did you ask her out?” I said with a grin

“No…okay maybe a little bit!”He was so happy I could see it on his face.

“Well go you!”I said as I nudged him

He laughed and told me that at first he didn’t believe that she said yes but it was a dream comes true for him. I was happy for him, really I was but for some reason I wasn’t felling the way he was maybe because I haven’t had a crush on Sarah Rammer since 4th grade.