Chapter Three

A/N: OMG I FINALLY UPDATED! So yep, here's what you've all been waiting for! Sorry I haven't updated in three whole months, I've been working on Opposites Attract and I've been busy with other things also. I've finally got rid of writers' block on this too, so I'll be updating more often!

And now, without further ado, I present to you, Chapter Three! Enjoy.

---------

I woke up to someone banging on the cabin door, shouting something along the lines of "Get up" and "Breakfast". I sighed and turned over on my uncomfortably warm bed, I was on the top bunk, and I've finally realised it's true when people say that heat rises. "What do you want?" I yelled, of course I knew what they wanted, I just didn't want to obey. The sun shone weakly through the window as it rose over the lake, it was probably around 5AM, but I couldn't be bothered to pick my phone up to check. "Go away." I sighed before they walked into the room.

"Dan, get up now. It's time for breakfast." They said, with an overly cheerful grin. It was almost disturbing.

I frowned, "Get out of my room."

I climbed down off my bunk, almost slipping on the small ladder as I was still half asleep. I looked under my bunk and saw that Phil had already left for breakfast. How did he get up so early? I shrugged and walked over to my small drawer and picked out a plain black t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I quickly got dressed, worried the helpers would come back again. I immediately regretted my choice of clothing colours as I stepped outside into the blazing heat, I was considering going back to change, but I was too lazy.

I yawned and looked around the dining hall before spotting Phil at a table with a couple of other kids. I slowly approached them and awkwardly stood near the table. "Hey. Mind if I join?" I asked quietly.

"Not at all." Phil smiled, "This is Max, and this is Adam." He pointed to them in turn.

"Hiya." They said in unison.

I laughed, "Morning. I'm Dan." I sat down next to Phil.

"Go get some breakfast if you want...they have cereal, toast, fruit, and also some apple juice. It's just over there, by the green table." Phil explained.

"Oh, thank you." I stood and walked over to the food stand. I picked two pieces of toast and a bowl of cereal, it was probably more than what everyone else ate, but I just love food.

The activities started after breakfast. I was in a group with Phil, Max, and two girls named Abbi and Lucie. The girls were pretty nice, and I was sure they both had a giant crush on Max because they kept giggling like little girls everytime he spoke to them. Our first activity was swimming, which was pretty refreshing as it was a hot day.

"Unsupervised swimming, it sounds delightfully dangerous and we're all going to die." I deadpanned.

Lucie laughed, "I'm sure we'll be fine, Dan. We're not toddlers anymore." She jumped in the pool and started kicking and splashing, pretending to drown. "Help! Help!" She screamed.

"What if someone actually thinks you're drowning?" Abbi asked as she jumped in after her.

Lucie stopped splashing, "Eh...whatever. I'm having fun!" She leaned backwards and floated on her back.

"Ugh, it looks so dirty in there." I sighed, I didn't really want to go swimming in a lake which was probably diseased or something.

"You're so moody, come on!" Phil said and jumped in, pulling me with him.

"Max, you coming?" Lucie called, still floating in a starfish position.

"Mhm." Max said, pulling his shirt off and placing it on the grass before turning around. "Do you think it's deep enough to dive, or will I end up splitting my head open?"

Phil shrugged, "I wouldn't risk it. Just jump in like we did."

Max nodded, "All right." He jumped in and fixed his hair as it got wet. I saw Abbi giggle and rolled my eyes.

It seems as though Max heard her too as he grinned at her, "What's funny, Abbi?"

Abbi blushed, "Nothing's funny! I was just giggling."

Lucie laughed and nudged her, whispering something to her.

Phil turned to Max, "They're head over heels for you, Max." He murmured and laughed.

After we'd all dried off, we sat in the girls' cabin with our towels still on.

"What do we have next?" I yawned, looking over at the timetable. "Problem solving." I said, answering my own question.

"I'm good at this!" Lucie grinned. "We did it last year, I wasn't in Phil's group then though. It's fun, isn't it Phil?"

Phil nodded, "Yeah! I found it quite easy and showed my group how to do it all."

"Show off!" I murmured and laughed.

"Hey, I'm just saying." Phil stuck out his tongue.

"Yeah, anyway I'm gonna go back to our cabin quickly to get dressed, even though I'd much rather be in swim shorts all day." I sighed, "See you guys in a bit."

Phil nodded, "Me too, let's go!" He stood.