Chapter 5

Sinon found out her name was Shino Asada and went to school in Tokyo, she was 16 years old and lived in an apartment alone, when she was 11 she murdered someone and her mother had feared her ever since.

I'm a murderer as a human too? she thought sadly.

Suddenly she felt a breath on her cheek and looked over to see Kirito peering over her shoulder.

Sinon yelped in surprise.

"Well, nice to meet you Shino." Kirito said.

"What's your real name?" Sinon asked.

"Kazuto Kirigaya, I was an orphan living with my aunt and was addicted to gaming." Kirito answered.

"Did we know each other?" Sinon asked, looking at Heathcliff for the answer.

"You two knew each other for a little while before the game was corrupt." Heathcliff answered.

"I see..." Sinon mumbled.

Kirito grabbed her hand, startling her.

"Heathcliff, can she use it?" Kirito asked.

Heathcliff nodded. "I don't see why not."

Sinon got led by the hand into the next room.

"Go in there and sit down." Kirito ordered, pointing to another door.

Sinon obeyed and sat on the only chair in the room, then after a few seconds, memories filled her head, her memories.

----------

"My memories, right?" Sinon asked.

Kirito nodded.

"Heathcliff made it to allow avatars to see their memories from before." Kirito explained.

"Have you used it?" Sinon asked.

Kirito nodded.

"We met while buying weapons, then we spent the rest of the day together, and the next day we got sent here." Kirito said, leaving out what they did all day.

Sinon nodded.

"That was fun." she said with a small smile.

Kirito nodded in agreement.

"We can do it again sometime if you want." he offered.

Sinon blushed. "M-Maybe."