Chapter Three

Voteeeeeee :)

LUKE

-Denver, Colorado-

                “Where first, bro?” Robby questioned as we climbed into my old beat-up Chevy truck.

                “Since we’ve missed her in Salt Lake, we’ll head to Denver since her next gig is there,” I replied, still a little weary whether following her around was a good idea or not. I’d had two days to think about it since I had to wait to get clearing off Robby’s parents that he could come- my dad even said he wouldn’t get involved. Stupid alpha.

                “Come on then,” Jack said, smacking his fist again the dashboard. I rolled my eyes and turned the engine on, “I want to get going before my mom tells me to remember to wash my hair.”

                I laughed. “That would be a miracle, Jack.”

                He smacked me around my head. “That ain’t nice, bro, is that why I’m not going to be your beta?”

                “Are we going through this again?” I raised my eyebrows at him. The last time he’d asked me why I hadn’t picked him as beta, he fell out with me for a week until I decided to punch him in the face and tell him to grow up. The reason was clear: Jack was better off as my omega because he is one of my strongest guys. I’d chosen Robby as my beta because he was my front man and had been there since before I met Jack at school.

                “Whatever, come on, let’s go,” he kicked his feet up on to the dashboard. I drove away from the house, beeping twice to let my parents know I’ve gone, and then smoothly drove away from our pack, town and slowly away from Idaho all together.

                “Robby’s gone,” Jack sighed, slouching in his seat. Then, he muttered, “wake me up when you want to swap over.”

                And, with that, he was out like a light just like Robby had been. I didn’t want to swap over though, I wanted to pick up the speed and get to her as fast as possible… if that was possible anyway, I was going above the speed limit as it was. I was probably more nervous at the fact that she wouldn’t have me as hers, or she wouldn’t come back to my pack. Maybe I was less nervous about the pack thing because I didn’t exactly want to take her away from them either… that would be a little unfair. Or maybe it wouldn’t. If I could just mark her and everything would just be fine!

                When I found out Chicago was my mate, I was over the moon and tried to do everything to get as much information as possible. The internet told me that she was from LA, which was hard to believe especially since packs lives in small towns and didn’t gather within city areas unless they were near forest. I was going to guess that she was in quite a high ranking of the wolf pack, but that she didn’t want to be with her wolf pack and that was the reason she left. I’d told my parents the news and my mom was a little unsure of whether it was true or not until she began to believe me. Yeah, I was a bit of a badass at school and a liar sometimes, but I wouldn’t lie about her being my mate. That was something you could never lie about.

                Three hours later, I could feel my eyes starting to sting from the lack of sleep, so I woke up Jack. He was up in a flash which was pretty weird since he usually takes his time.

                “Huh?” he spoke and I chuckled.

                “You want to drive?” I questioned.