Omaha, Nebraska -Chapter Four-

Alrightt..... here we gooo!!!

-SweetestHeart-

Vote.Comment.Fan

-Omaha, Nebraska-

                Even though I moan about life on the road, and the many early mornings, it’s probably the most amazing thing ever. My band and crew are my family and everyone is so good to me through the good times and the bad. When I first met my guitarist, Roger, I was working in Wal-Mart and he came to my checkout. We got chatting and then he gave me his number, saying we could meet up for coffee sometime. I met up with him and we got chatting, soon after, we started doing music together. It took two months to get a full band together and then we recorded demos, before sending them off to different places. We didn’t actually get recognised fully until Tony when we were playing a sold-out gig at a small venue, whilst supporting another band. Soon after, Tony decided that instead of us going as a band, he wanted me to just be an artist rather than having another band, whilst pointing out that singer-songwriters are becoming more successful using their own name rather than a bands name. So, we changed our name to Chicago, my nickname. The guys were pretty happy with changing and all supported it, even after I’d thrown a spat.

                Now, however, I loved it. Being just Chicago and having people know who I was made me so happy, but there was always something missing. And, I know it sounds corny, but that’s just having that one love, one guy, my mate. Sometimes I wonder whether he is out there, looking for me and knowing who I am, or whether he didn’t know who I was or whether there’s another women. Having that thought that there could be another woman, made me angry, but mates are meant to be for life, for everything that werewolves had lived for. But, after hearing Jason’s story about losing his mate, I began to not want to find mine because I’d never be able to handle that pain. Something as simple as a house fire killed his wife whilst he and his kids had gone camping. His wife! His mate! You only get one mate, no second mates, no other loves. If werewolves ruled the world, there would be a sign on people’s windows saying ‘mates are for life, not just for Christmas’ like those dog adverts.

                “Ready to rock ‘n’ roll?” Roger questioned, stepping up to me. He had his guitar flung over his back, like usual, and his hair messy and not styled.

                “Rock ‘n’ roll,” I mumbled and pushed him a little. He grinned and walked over to where he’d be standing for rehearsals, plugging in his guitar to the big amp. We were at rehearsals for another gig, that would be taking place in a couple of hours, and we were in a small venue in Omaha, Nebraska called ‘Destiny’s Call’. Omaha was one of those places that we were going to because we played a couple of first gigs there, so we had to go. The stage was smaller than most stages I played and looked down onto a dance floor and, at the back, was a long bar. Upstairs was the VIP area and, since this was a sell-out ticket-only gig, I knew the whole place would be packed out.

                “Let’s go,” Paul shouted from the floor. The music started and rehearsals began, covering the schedule for the next few hours. By the end of rehearsals, I was really tired, mostly from lack of sleep, and was seriously looking forward to sleeping. However, I had a gig to do and had about two hours spare to eat and get ready. The venue, which is basically a bar, also did food and we got ours for free, along with our drinks, since we pretty much were bringing in the money for them. So, I ordered the ‘Destiny Call’s Burger’, which is basically a spicy burger with lots of lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup and hot sauce. I got it whenever I played at the venue.

                “Hey, Chicago, you’ve got a delivery!” the manager, Andy, shouted as he walked over to the table with a big bunch of flowers and something wrapped up. I frowned and took them off him, when he’d reached me. I looked at everyone sat around me, wondering whether it was a prank, but they all seemed as confused as me. There was a small card in an envelope, on the flowers, so I took it out and read it in my mind.