Chapter 2: The Deal With The Bad Boy

High school. A big building full of self absorbed teens and people who stay in other peoples business. We wake up every morning to go to this building to just sit behind a desk and listen to teachers lecture about things we won't use or remember tens years from now. Except for reading and math of course. It was honesty just a waste of time. Why couldn't we just explore the world? See what's out there? Make a difference? But instead I'm struck behind this desk and hating every minute of it.

"Wanna get out here?" I didn't know whether the person was talking to me or not but I looked anyway. There he was. Daniel Richards. Looking dead at me. The schools 'bad boy' and every cliche thing you can think about him is probably true. The only original thing about him was that he actually cared about his grades. I don't know how he manages to keep his 'bad boy' reputation up and stay in honor classes but hes been doing a pretty god job so far.

"And why would I want to be seen with you?" I snapped back. He studied me for a moment. Taking in my appearance. I watched him as his eyes went up and down my body. His eyes finally locked with mine again.

"Princess, anyone with a brain can tell you're bored out of your mind and I'm willing to take you out of your misery." With everything that went on this passed morning I didn't want to be here. I mean one day won't hurt. I took a deep breath before answering.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Just follow my lead." He got up from his desk and went to talk to the teacher. I just watched and tried to stay calm. I didn't want any trouble. After two minutes he nodded his head to the door and walked out. I grabbed my stuff and followed after him.

What have I got myself into?

When I walked into the hallway and looked around there was no one in sight. This little f*cker just left me here. I feel stupid. I brushed it off and walked to my locker and grabbed my stuff. I was still leaving. I couldn't focus when Jake was coming back. I walked into the parking lot and went to my car.

After finding the keys I unlocked the door. As I got in I heard a voice. "Boo."

"Ahhhhhhhhh." I yelled and quickly went into my bag, got my pepper spray, and sprayed to where I heard the voice.

"S*hit." I opened my eyes to see Daniel. "What is wrong with you?!"

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?! You're the one in my car. How did you even get in?"

"I have my ways." I rolled my eyes. "Give me the keys." He held out his hand and I flicked him off.

"Why would I trust you when you just broke into my car?"

"Because I have something you want."

"Which is?"

"An adventure."

***

"What's the difference between a pregnant women and a light bulb?"

"What?"

"You can unscrew a light bulb." He started laughing. "What's the best part about gardening?"

"Is this finally a normal question or still a joke?"

"If you responded maybe you will find out."

"Fine. What is the best part about gardening?"

"Getting down and dirty with your hoes." He laughed again and I rolled my eyes for the 30th time since we been in this car. "Have you heard of the penis joke?" I gave him a look which meant if he didn't shut up I was going to hurt him. "I won't bother telling you, it's too long."