Chapter 1

"Are you going to the party tonight, Sky?" Anita asked as she grasped my arm and cocked her head to the side with a pleading look on her face. She pouted her bottom lip than mouthed "please."

I cocked my head to the side too and pursed my lips. "You know I can't." I told her sadly. "I told you, Luca has something planned for our two year year anniversary."

Anita scoffed than folded her arms across her chest. "You two are acting like a married couple!" She exclaimed annoyingly. "It sickens me, Sky."

"Well," I said slowly as I looked down at the glass window where gold and silver jewelry were layed out perfectly in a row. "you wouldn't understand."

"What do you mean?" She asked offensively.

"I mean," I said with a sigh as I turned to face my friend. "when you find that special someone, you would understand."

Anita squinted her blue-green eyes at me and started twirling her long blonde locks around her finger.

"You spend every hour of every day with Luca." She stated. "Aren't you tired of being tied down?"

"No." I said with a laugh. "Luca is the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't know what I would do if I lost him, Anita."

I turned back and eyed a gold Rolex. I could feel Anita's eyes staring me down but it didn't faze me. Anita hated being second in anything. She hated the fact that I spent most of my time with my boyfriend rather than with her.

"You're not the same person, Skylar." She said quietly as she looked in the other direction. I ignored her, pretending like I didn't hear here as I pointed to the gold rolex so the guy behind the counter could show it to me.

"You used to be fun." I heard Anita say. "What happened?"

"I grew up." I replied harshly.

Anita scoffed than walked off.

"This is beautiful!" I exclaimed as I held the gold necklace with a heart pendant in the palm of my hand.

Luca worked at a nearby pizza parlor and his manager let him use it for our date as long as he locked it up when we were done.

The lights were dimmed, there was a lit candle on our booth table along with rose petals on the table top and a pizza shaped into a weird looking heart. It didn't matter how bad the pizza heart looked, I was just amazed at the effort he put into all of this. I've never had a romantic date like this before.

I turned around as Luca put the necklace around my neck.

"Happy two year anniversary." I said with a smile as I gave him a kiss on the cheek and held out a small black box in my hand.

He smiled at me, his dorky yet attractive boy next door smil, and took the box from my hand.

Luca was a great guy.

When I first met him he was quiet and shy, the opposite of most guys from my past that I had dated. When he asked me out our Sophomore year of high school, I said yes only because he was strikingly gorgeous. He's tall, built with broad shoulders, and his eyes were big and brown and his hair was messy and dark.

Luca opened the box and his eyebrows went up in shock.

"Wow." He said with a laugh as he took out the gold Rolex.

I took it from him and wrapped it around his wrist.

"I love you." He said as he leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you too." I replied.

My phone beeped twice as I dug through my purse for it.

I held my cell in my hands and looked at the two missed calls from Anita.