Chapter 8 : Pair

I was looking into Lysander's eyes. His voice became soft. He slowly leaned in and kissed me. It was so soft, so warm. I looked at him, smiling.
"I love you Lysander." I blushed nervously.
"I love you too Sister Chinami." He said.

Wait.
Sister Chinami??!
The only person that calls me that is..
I opened my eyes.

Chiaki was right in front of me. She had a mischievous smile on her lips.
"Oh now what's this? You declaring your love to me in your dreams? Or were you thinking about a certain someone's fiancé?" Chiaki grinned.

My heart stopped.
I remember what had happened yesterday after Lysander had left.
My Mother had called me down and had decided that I would be Lysander's fiancée after all, and that Chiaki would be engaged to the son of a good friend of hers, however he would be arriving tomorrow.

I sighed heavily. When will I be able to actually enjoy life? Dresses and formal engagement meetings are not fun at all!
I looked at the time.
It read 7:40.

Crap! I'm going to be late for school!
I quickly called Honda to let her know about my hurried absence and to get the nearest car to the front of the Castle.
Luckily, I was so happy to hear about my Mother's final decision that I actually chose what I would wear to school for today. Thank god for spare time!
Well, enough thinking. I wore my outfit, and rushed outside.

I barely made it. I rushed into my geography class with my teacher, Mr. Faraize. Luckily, I had seen him at the front of the school and decided to go in with him. I was lucky that geography was my first class, since Mr. Faraize is such an easy-going guy.
I sat in my seat next to Lysander. He was staring at me.

"Wow you look great! And um, did things go well with your Mother? Is Chiaki still my fiancée?" he asked nervously as he looked at me.
I felt really happy. I had carefully chosen my outfit for today especially to impress him. And it worked! I was wearing a white lace strapless dress and a light grey, curved poncho with fringe. I had silver sandals that exposed my toes and knee high clear socks. As for my hair, I just pulled it back into a messy bun since I was so late. Then it hit me. Lysander didn't know what my Mother said about the whole fiancé thing.

Just as I was about to tell him, Mr. Faraize interrupted us with an important announcement.
"As you all know, your assignments are coming up. I would like to ask all the girls in the class to line up and pick a boys name from the box." I was shocked. I hadn't heard about this! I looked at Lysander confused. Mr. Faraize must have caught my eye because he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Oh that's right Miss Chinami! You've just arrived so I must understand how you feel. How about you just choose somebody now instead of picking from the box? That way you may feel more comfortable." I sighed in relief. Mr. Faraize really knows how to make a girl feel comfortable!

"That isn't fair sir! You shouldn't make an exception for her just because she's new and famous!" I could here Amber's hatred for me in her words. Mr. Faraize sighed. After 5 minutes of arguing with Amber he gave up.

"Alright then Miss Amber. How about instead of using the box, we do this." Mr. Faraize held up a small box full of plastic roses.
"All the boys should grab a rose. The girls should cover their eyes. The boys will line up behind whichever girl they want to work with. How does that sound?" The girls nodded happily but the boys didn't look too comfortable. That's basically like a confession!

I stood up from my seat and turned around, I looked beside me and saw Amber gazing at Castiel dreamily. Did she really think that after the dance incident, he would go for her? After covering my eyes I waited, my heart thumping. Would Lysander choose me? But then I thought of Rosa. All the boys will probably go for her.

"Alright! Girls, open your eyes, the last rose has been placed!" Mr. Faraize announced.

I opened my eyes and let out a deep breath.  I turned around.
I shrieked.

Lysander, Castiel, Kentin, Armin and Nathaniel were all right behind me.

"Wha-" I began until I heard somebody yell.

"I do NOT believe this! Chinami probably cheated! There is no way she would get the 5 most popular guys at Sweet Amorius!" Amber pointed a finger at my chest.
Ouch! Her nails hurt.

Nathaniel grabbed her wrist and thrust it away from my chest.
"Nath? Why are you on her side? I'm your sister!" Amber glared at him.

"Stop acting like a spoiled brat! Can't you see that's why people don't like you?" I have never heard Nathaniel lose it. Is it because of.. me? Is he defending me? Why?

"Alright boys. Miss Amber, Miss Violette, Miss Melody and Miss Charlotte still need partners. 4 of you will have to go." Mr. Faraize waited. After 2 minutes of nobody moving he sighed.
"I guess its come to this. Miss Chinami, who will you choose?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

I was to choose? I looked at everyone. Obviously Lysander would be the obvious choice, but I didn't want to hurt any of the boys' feelings.
Suddenly Castiel spoke up.

"I think Chinami and Lysander should go together. I'll go with-" He looked around. His eyes met with Amber for a moment but he laughed at her when she saw her eyes sparkle. He went over to Violette.
Armin eventually gave up and went over to Melody, which made her a little sad when she saw Nathaniel go over to his sister. Did she like him? Kentin eventually gave up and went over to Charlotte. Leaving me with Lysander.

Amber glared at me the entire time while Mr. Faraize was speaking, which was making me uncomfortable. Lysander must have sensed my unease because he held my hand under my desk. I looked at him thoughtfully.
"By the way, Chiaki isn't your fiancée." I smiled at him. He must have understood because  he gripped my hand tighter and smiled, his face a little red.

"-And now. About your assignment, the pairs are expected to act out a romantic tragedy. The pairs will be expected to act out how everything was in the exact script!" Mr. Faraize finished off with a smile.

Lysander and I were given Sleeping Beauty. Iris and a boy named Jade were given Beauty and the Beast, Rosa and Alexy were given Romeo and Juliet, Castiel and Violette were given Snow White, Nathaniel and Amber were given the Little Mermaid, Armin and Melody were given The King and I, and Kentin and Charlotte were given Rapunzel.

As I was sipping on my herbal tea I suddenly realized what Mr. Faraize meant.

"Wait what?!" I stood up.
"Mr. Faraize, when you mean exact script, do you mean.. like everything? Including the kissing scene?" Mr. Faraize smiled at my words. I nearly choked on my tea.

I looked at Lysander and blushed. He must have been thinking the exact same thing because he was blushing too. Hard.

N- No way!