Chapter 13: Honda's Past

I was still on the balcony when I heard somebody behind me. It was Honda. She looked distraught.

"Honda are you okay? Ever since Yuuki came back you haven't been yourself." I looked right into her one eye and saw they were red. Was Honda.. Crying? Honda was one of the strongest people I knew. She always for some reason, had her right eye, covered by a strand of her jet black hair, and her ice-blue eye was dazzling. She was very tall and she had an even better model-like appearance than I did.

Honda looked at me. She knew I wouldn't give up until she told me, so she sighed an gave up. She put her hand to the right side of her face and pushed the hair up. I gasped in horror.
Her eye, was gone. It was covered with a metal barrier.

I had no words. How long had it been like this? I reached out for her but she swiftly moved to the side.  I was petrified. She was my bodyguard yet, I knew nothing about her. She was always there for me, and I was never there for her.

"Honda.. how long have you had this?" I whispered quietly. I was scared of her answer. Because I had already figured out who had done it.

Please don't let me be right..

"About 10 years." She said quietly. I felt something roll down my cheek. Was I.. Crying too?

I gave her a hug which seemed to startle her.

"I'm sorry.. I could never protect you Honda. It's-It's because of me you got that right? Yuuki did this to you, right?" I couldn't help myself. The tears kept flowing and I couldn't control my words.

Honda hesitated for a moment but then shook her head.

"Lady Chinami it was not your fault. Not at all. I will tell you everything that happened." She took her finger and dried my eyes with her handkerchief.

Honda explained that Yuuki and her had been friends since childhood. They had met when she was 10 and him, 8  they had become best friends. Every night, he would sneak out of his house to see her and they would play at an abandoned park. 3 years later, on a night of the full moon, Yuuki had held Honda next to him. Looking into her eyes he began to unbutton her blouse. Horrified, Honda pushed him away. Saying she wasn't ready for that sort of relationship, Yuuki and her made a promise. When Yuuki became 18 years old, they would get married. Honda had been overjoyed, especially when Yuuki bought her a silver ring.

I looked at Honda's index finger. I gasped in shock. She was still wearing it?

"Do not worry Lady Chinami. I do not wear it other than the fact that it has been a part of me for years."  Honda looked at the floor. She was lying.

She then said they had lost contact for 2 years because Yuuki moved to France. She didn't mind, since she still had the ring however, when he returned, he had forgotten all about her. Days, weeks and months had passed and before she knew it, my Mother, had taken her in, giving her special training to become my bodyguard.

The day of her 20th birthday,  Honda went outside to their special place, and he saw Yuuki, with another girl. The girl had strawberry blonde hair and hazel-green eyes. The girl was looking at the floor, Yuuki holding her waist and bringing her close. Honda was dumbfounded. Yuuki descended his lips to the girl without hesitation. The girl, shocked kissed him back.  Scared she would be found out, she ran into a storage room and hid. Unfortunately for her, Yuuki and the girl had gone in the storage room and spent the night together. Honda had witnessed everything and had still not told Yuuki.

I gasped in shock. Yuuki had.. betrayed Honda? I looked at Honda, wanting to hear the rest of the story.

Honda said she had later found out that Yuuki had used that girl. She had done research and found she was a Princess of the Eleseen Kingdom, Raina Eleseen. She found out that every night, he would go into the room with another well-known girl, and spend the night with her. Honda had come back from training, looking nothing like the girl she was before, her hair that was always in a stubby ponytail was now smooth, silky jet black hair that fell to her back.  She noticed Yuuki and had befriended him, acting like a different person, and unbeknownst to Yuuki, they became best friends once more. But one day, Yuuki met a princess who he was very serious with. He didn't ask her to spend the night with him. He didn't treat her like dirt. He honestly wanted to keep this one dear to him.

Honda pointed a finger at me.

"It was.. me." I looked at Honda. She nodded and I couldn't believe it.

Honda continued to explain that Yuuki had gone up to her one day and told her he met an amazing girl, with platinum blonde hair and sky-blue eyes. He told her he wanted to spend his life with her and that she was completely different from any other girl her had met. Unlike most girls he tried to seduce, she never fell for it. She was kind, thoughtful and pure. She didn't like it when people chose to do things to her and she spoke her mind. But when Yuuki kept constantly talking about her, Honda couldn't stand it. She slapped his cheek. Yuuki, shocked then noticed the ring on the hand she had slapped him with. His eyes darkened and he walked away. Days later, Honda had been ambushed by a man with a hood, with a knife, he stabbed her eye.

Petrified, all Honda could hear was the soft voice of the man,

"You mean nothing to me anymore."

I looked at Honda, silencing her with a look to tell her that was enough. I looked at my reflection in the mirror.
Honda's problems are all linked down to me. This is all my fault.

I looked at Honda, more determined than ever.

"Take me to Yuuki Konnoguji."