Rap-un-Zita Pt 2

"Do you love me?"

Prince W tenderly took her hand in his and smiled dashingly. "Of course my darling."

Zita set off into a fit of excited rapping. Step 2 complete.

"Why do you ask?"

She pretended to fan herself demurely. "Do you want to run away with me?"

Prince W blandly blinked at her. "Aren't you the one who should be running with me?" he asked cheekily.

"I want to run away with you. Mother Gothel is such a hag, you know? She just lies to me about how puberty gives you bad eyesight. Such lies. I know it's not like that. It just means the emergence of whore-mones or something."

The prince blushed girlishly. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Don't even."

"What?"

"You should maybe re-read your book. It's not exactly uhh whore-mones... they're hormones."

"What's the difference?"

Before he could explain, a loud "ZITA, ZITA LET DOWN YOUR HAIR!" rang through the crisp night, probably startling a few sleeping birds into their demise.

"Oh shit," Prince W swore. "How do I get out?"

"Don't!" Zita shoved him towards her bed. "Get in! Under! Hide!"

In a rare display of brimming stupidity, Prince W attempted to placate her. "It's alright, I want to meet my in-laws."

"What?" she squawked and continued herding him to his intended destination. "No, now is not the time, hide!"

"ZITA, ZITA LET DOWN YOUR HAIR! ARE YOU DEAF?"

She sighed at her beloved prince's abnormally stubborn behaviour. "I'm sorry love, but you have pushed me to extremities." With that, she picked up the thick rope that was her hair and swung it at him, successfully knocking him out. Zita pushed him under her bed regretfully.

"WHAT ARE YOU-"

Then, she let her plait fall out though the window and listened with great satisfaction at the yelp of horror as her hair slapped Mother Gothel in the face. She deserved it.

"BE CAREFUL!" Mother Gothel chided sharply as she clambered in. "I am fragile, and I'd hate for you to be jailed for matricide."

"Oh please," Zita scoffed, "there is no truer jailing than this imprisonment I am experiencing right now."

"But hardly with the delightful conditions you are blessed with, with an ensuite, food, drink and entertainment. I am concerned for you, trust me."

"You're a witch anyway, so you'd probably be able to resurrect yourself."

"That's true."

Zita planted her hands firmly on her hips. "What do you want?"

"A little birdie told me you were seeing someone."

"Yes, I can see you. Absolutely wonderful news from your little birdie."

Mother Gothel frowned at her. "Insolence gets you nowhere. My little birdie informed it was a man. I, clearly, am not a man."

Zita scoffed. "Your little birdie's blind."

"Quite the opposite, actually. Eagles have such sharp eyes. In fact, you met with your dear man very recently right under my nose, and he never left. That must mean he's still in here, right?" Mother Gothel smirked.

Zita cussed, and cussed, and cussed mentally. "Of course not."

"Might he be under your bed?"

Her hand twitched. "No."

Mother Gothel strode to her four poster bed, lifted the blankets hanging over the side, and peered underneath. "Look what we have here."

She dragged Prince W out and Zita winced when she dropped him in the middle of her room. He was still unconscious.

"Ah so, you knocked him out? He knocked himself out?"

Zita blushed and her gaze flitted to the window. "I knocked him out."

Mother Gothel pursed her lips. "How am I supposed to interrogate and talk to him now? Surgi."

Prince W groaned, looked up, and shrieked. He bolted behind Zita, and wailed "What the hell is that?" in her ear.

"I am Zita's beloved mother."

He choked. "What?"

"Yes. I know. Will you take care of Zita?"

"Of course. I love her."

Zita reddened and put her hands to her cheeks. "Oh my lovely prince."

"Call me Kris."

"Oh alright," Mother Gothel said, and clicked her fingers. A dragon flew into sight, onto which she grabbed its spikes and pulled herself onto its back. "Look after her. I've been raising Zita as a sort of investment. But now that I've married a wealthy man, I've no need for investments."

Kris' eyebrows practically shot into his hairline. "That's one of the dragons my Father owns. Eh, you can have it though."

"Your father owns dragons?"

"I am a Prince, and Father's King. Therefore, he is entitled to own most of the land's resources."

"Oh, then I'm your mother too. The man I married gifted me this dragon."

Zita sighed, and leaned her head on Kris' shoulder. "You dash my hopes every time- I thought I was actually going to get rid of you this time."

"Uhh I was going to take you back to the palace, but since," his voice dropped to a whisper, "she's going to be there, let's just make our own palace and kingdom, where you'll be queen."

She sighed and looked at him dreamily. "Sure."

They lived happily ever after on a quaint estate adjoining to Kris' father's, with lots of flowers and open windows. And if you stopped and listened, you would've heard the ecstatic rap battles and the echoing chirps of a few excitable children too.

The End. I don't even know what that was but maybe you do XD Beauty and the Beast is next up! Until then, my dears <3 ~Kieva