Chapter 15; Scare-fest

Once we were all sat down, I couldn't stop fidgeting, playing with my hair nervously.

"Ava?" I looked up at Nico sat beside me, a worried look on his face, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, yeah..I'm fine, thanks."

Nico sighed, "No, you're not. What's up?"

"Well..just..all of this, I guess. I mean, I just thought we'd hopefully have a nice school year, then go back to our family..but now this.."

Nico smiled at me, "It'll be alright. I promise, Ava. I'll protect you at all costs, okay? We'll all keep both you and your brother safe."

"You really mean it, Nico?"

He nodded.

I smiled, then being interrupted by Adrian as he took a seat beside me. The living room was very large, so all of us seemed to fit. Oliver was sat on the arm of the chair Sage was sitting on, their Grandmother then sitting beside her with the girl Lyra by her side. Luca stood at the doorway, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"So..a..unique bunch of friends you've got here, you two."

I looked at Adrian nervously as I realised we didn't have our wigs now--so, of course, seeing turquoise hair would be strange..

"Well, the stranger the better, right?" Oliver answered. I smiled up at him, making him do his usual cheesy grin.

Their Grandmother laughed, "I guess you're right, Oliver. Anyways," she turned to us, "I haven't properly introduced myself yet. My name is Isabella Blaine. It's lovely to meet the three of you."

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Blaine." I replied, "My name's Avalon. This is my twin brother, Adrian."

Adrian gave a small wave, "Hi."

"And you?" Isabella looked towards Nico.

"Me?" Nico said, "Oh, yeah, I'm Nico."

Isabella smiled, "Lovely names. Anyways, there are two more bedrooms up there, since me and these two have taken the other three. Is it alright for you all to share?"

"Of course." I said, "We all shared rooms back at school."

"That's wonderful, then. You can all go up and make yourselves comfortable, then."

I nodded, standing up and following Sage and Oliver upstairs. Sage leaded me into the room we were staying in, Oliver leading the boys to their room.

I collapsed onto the bed as soon as we got in, heaving a big sigh.

"Is there a bath in here, Sage?" I asked, causing Sage to look around, "Because I really need to bathe in some cold water."

Sage laughed, "Even better. Out back there's a small lake, which is actually quite deep. Plus, no one will see you since no one lives around it and there's quite a big forest surrounding it."

"Sounds great! I'll tell Adrian about it tonight."

I jumped as a large knock sounded at the door.

"Who's there?" Sage shouted.

The door creaked open to reveal the boy from before, Luca. He had his usual, serious look.

"Oh..Luca, was it?" Sage asked, standing up.

He nodded, "Just wanted to check on you both to see if you were settled in."

"That we are." Sage smiled, "No need to check on us. We'll see you downstairs."