CHAP.6

Grumbling, Lia charged out of the shop, with Evan dragging behind her. Lia refused to listen to his excuses and kept on ignoring him. She completely ignored his attempts to start a conversation or to go to a different stall. But one shop made Lia's frustration melt down to little puddles of goo.

'THE CHOCOLATE SHOP'

Lia screamed her head off when she saw that and yanked Evan's hand HARD, causing him to fall, (Lia ignored that too)and pointed at that shop. A childish exhilarated grin formed on his face as they ran towards their ultimate destination.

It was literal heaven. Chocolate everywhere. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, caramel filled ones, praline filled ones, fruity ones, you name them, thet have it.

Lia immediately started grabbing candies, toffees, and caramels, while Evan went to the dark chocolate section. After shopping, they paid for them and went out.

Her mood lighting considerably, Lia roamed around with Evan, sucking on one of the toffees. The time was 1.30 pm, school will end at 2. They decided to visit the last shop, before returning. The last shop turned out to be a music store.

Lia immediately spotted a violin on display when they made their way in. "Ah, it's been so long." Making sure that Evan was out of sight, she asked the guy at the counter to bring her the violin.

It was a bit out of tune, but she tuned it like a pro. Her hands glided along the smooth surface of the slender bow, as memories tugged at the back of her mind. But she disregarded them. Cautiously taking the bow in one hand and the violin in another, she began to play.

It was one of her own compositions which she had written when she was 11 years old. The memories were getting stronger with each soft movement of the bow. At last, she gave in to the memoirs. Memoirs of that day.

Flashback:

Lia had just finished composing. She could not wait to present it to her parents, especially her mom, who were coming the day after. Then, the doorbell rung.

"It's my mom." She thought hopefully. She swung open the door. Not looking, she started talkng rapidly

"Mom, look I finished it, at last!! I told you I could do it. It was working on it till... Oh hey Liam." She stopped her chattering, somewhat disappointed, when she saw that it was not her mom, but her friend, Liam.

" Hey sweetheart, what did you finish?" Liam asked.

Something about him seemed weird. He was not his usual straight forward curt self, but he looked relaxed and he slurred while talking. Lia was worried for him.

"Liam, are you okay? You seem.... Different." Lia asked cautiously.

Liam started taking steps toward her. He was so close that she had to back off, but Liam held her tight.

"Why, Lia?Don't you like it? After all, I did this for you." Liam smirked at her, his ice blue glinting with mischief and something far far more dangerous.

"LIAM, BACK OFF!!" Lia panicked, she aimed a kick at his groin, and ran off.

" AHHHH!!! YOU SHITTY B***H.WHY DID YOU DO THAT?"

Liam's wounded cries and some unflattering insults could be heard from the kitchen, where Lia rushed off to retrieve her phone.

Lia was too caught up in dialing her mom's phone number. She was oblivious when Liam sneaked into the kitchen, trying to cover his painful grunts. When she felt Liam's arms snake around her waist, she jumped 20 feet in the air.

"I always liked you, you know? But you were so mesmerized in your own popularity that you didn't give a shit about me. Well I've had enough. Tonight your mine. You are such a stuck-up b***h. messing other people's lives, breaking their hearts. But I know, you are alone tonight, tonight your helpless, tonight I will claim you."

The phone slid out off Lia's hands and clattered onto the floor. Cold droplets of sweat ran down her forehead as she tried to talk. But panic had frozen her tongue. She tried to free her body, feeling revolted by their closeness. Then suddenly...

Her composition ended with a ring. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the whole store was staring at her. For some reason her face was feeling wet, she touched it and felt droplets of water. She must have cried unconsciously during her play. That memory was of the day when everything happened, when her life had been shattered to bits. Without knowing, her eyes scanned the crowd, who were giving her a tumultuous applause. After some time time, she saw the person who was giving the loudest cheer and was grinning like a maniac at her, the person she was looking for.

Evan

Lia knew she could not keep her secret from him anymore. At last, after much mental turmoil, she came to a decision. "Everything is going to be revealed to him today."

AUTHORS NOTE:

Not much good? I know. But on a more positive note, "The incident" is going to be revealed!

You can't murder me now! HAH!

Astalavista. Peace!