Intro

They keep telling me that it's not schizophrenia. They say that there would be visible brain activity if it was. So, to put it in basic terms, doctors have no explanation for the voices in my head.

They've always been there, I can't remember a time when they weren't. They call themselves Morax and Raziel. They're alright, I guess. In fact, you could say that they help me sometimes. Honestly, I'm so used to having them there that I forget it's strange for people to hear voices.

Morax is the quieter of the two. He listens, he's an observer and only speaks when he feels it's necessary, or when Raziel is pissing him off. Somedays, he doesn't speak at all. No matter what though, I can always tell he's there. He has a constant presence in the back of my skull, like a memory that I can't quite remember. His voice is very low, like he's whispering. It's kind of scratchy, as if he just woke up. Mor can also be a bit more, rash. He's a rather dark individual, to say the least.

Raziel is a much different story. He likes to be involved. With everything. He always feels the need to interject his opinion in the things I do. You could say he's almost protective. No, he's definitely protective. He keeps me from getting hurt. Raz is loud in my head, when he speaks, he's all I can hear. His voice and presence drown out all other sound, especially Morax.

They don't like each other much, or at all really. Raziel is cut and dry, black and white, crystal clear, while Morax is in between. He's gray, he's smokey. One's an angel, one's a demon and they're both imprisoned in my skull. It's not schizophrenia. It's not paranoia. It's not insanity. So what is it? Whats wrong with me? Raziel says I'm a victim of circumstance, Morax tells me that it's their fault, but I know they're lying. I know it's something to do with me. I just don't know what.