The repulsiveness of weakness

Ugly as a Synonym for Weak

                      - Rawan Sohdy

Think of a time you completely loathed yourself.

 The time you gave up on a dream?

 The time you surrendered to abuse?

 The time you turned yourself into an obedient slave to fate? 

It's at the moment you render yourself weak that self-hatred becomes justified. 

After all, weakness is a repulsive coat for anyone to wear. It's saying, "I can't help myself. Please help me!" Forgetting that when you accept the status of "weak", you become tenfolds as vulnerable to allow help in- allowing more people to have the upper hand in your life. 

The most frequent excuse to our weakness is "I have no other choice!" and "it's okay not to be strong the whole time, right?" Here is where the truth kicks in: you always have a choice. 

You have an infinite strength inside of you. You just need to learn when to put an end to your troubles by facing the music. This does not mean you should lead an utterly independent life, we do need people at times, but when you seek help it should be complementary not supplementary.

 It should be someone fighting along with you, not fighting for you while you sob in the background. Fight that whisper telling you "you can't."