Chapter one: Her arrival

"M lets go"!, Roman yelled. I slung my old, Nike bag over one shoulder and headed for my bedroom door. Roman was seated on my old, black and white bean bag. I hadn't used it since I was 9.
"Finally", Roman muttered. He pulled out his phone and texted someone. No, not someone. Ali. Ali was the girl next door to Romans house. He wouldn't tell me why he had never introduced me to her. I didn't care though.

"Ali will be here in five", he said, standing up.

I nodded and walked to the bathroom. Roman said that Ali loved fun things, so we were going to Disneyland. It wasn't that big of a deal for me. I had been there too many times to count. What was a big deal was the fact that Ali was single, and apparently good looking. I quickly gelled my hair and sprayed some deodorant around.

It wouldn't make a difference. I had weird ears and skinny, tiny arms. I wasn't like Roman was. He was the star Lacrosse player, I was the one who sat on the side cheering him on. He was big and buff and a lady magnet. Not me though.
"M"?
I was snapped out of my thoughts to see Roman standing in front of me.
"M"? Get out of your brain and meet Ali".

I shook my head and turned to where Roman was gesturing. A tall, petite brunette girl stood in front of me. She wore a plain white tank top and blue galaxy leggings with black ankle boots. Her straight, long hair was tied up in a high ponytail and had little pins clipping back her shorter bits of hair. I grinned. That was one thing Roman didn't have. A good smile. He could only smirk.

Ali grinned back. I held out my hand for a shake but she came right in to hug me. I raised my eyebrows as her breasts pressed against me. She came back from the hug and then hugged  Roman. He kissed her forehead and that's when the confusion started.

"Are you guys"?, I asked.

"Yep"!, Ali exclaimed. Roman looked at her, annoyed.

"Ali! I told you, I wanted it to be a surprise", he grumbled.

She covered her mouth, mumbling a small "sorry".
Shit. And I thought she would like me. But no, of course, Roman gets everything.
I smiled a fake smile and nodded. "That's so great", I muttered.