01 - Jealous

(Picture above is from the movie. I don't own it.)

Location: UTX Highschool. 10:00 AM. I forgot the date today.

"Kira Tsubasa. We need to talk."

Nico's POV

I said those words with a bit of anger on my face, directed towards a girl with a large forehead standing in front of me. I knew full well who I'm dealing with: Kira Tsubasa, leader of A-Rise, an idol group from UTX Academy. My rival.

Well to be precise, as a group we used to be but now we're friends after the Love Live competition ended. Now that we're working together to build a mega concert that Honoka came up with and all: a concert for all school idols.

Or so I thought. In order for us to make that project possible, each of us had to work hard with each other personally, essentially becoming partners with one another. I wouldn't mind about it at all, until that happened...

One day, I saw Tsubasa-san and Maki-chan together inside a room. They were working together to write a song. The two of them. Doing that.

Am I thinking that as a bad thing? Of course it's bad! No problem if it had been Honoka, Umi, or my other friends, but no. I couldn't believe...of all people, Tsubasa-san will be the one who Maki-chan will be working with. Her! Not me!

I saw with my own two eyes how Tsubasa flirted with my Maki-chan! Holding Maki's hands to help her write a song? How ridiculous! I panicked when I saw that, and I am so sure that I wasn't overexaggerating. I saw what I saw.

I felt pain in my heart as I witnessed it all. So unfair! Why wasn't it me who gets to write songs with her instead? And how dare did Tsubasa-san hold her hands. Only we do that!

Okay, okay. Calm down Nico, calm down. You're going to talk with Tsubasa-san. She's in front of you right now. Don't make your feelings so obvious for her to see. Focus. Fooocuus.

Tsubasa's POV

This short, little girl with black hair tied in pigtails walked up to me for she has something to say to me. She's cute. I wonder what's going on with her?

Yazawa Nico, u's member. I looked at her calmly and I noticed she seemed uneasy. Come to think of it, it's been a while since we had a conversation.

"Tsubasa-san. How's the song you and Maki-chan are working on? Is it done already?", said Nico. So, it seems she wanted to know how our activity was doing.

"Well, we're more than halfway done on the tone of the song, however we still hardly had enough lyrics yet to fill it up.", I replied.

"I see. I'm wondering why it's been taking a while and if it's too hard for you."

"Oh. Don't worry, Nico. I'm confident that Maki and I will get it done soon."

As I looked at her, oddly, I feel Nico wanted to say something else. She started looking tense. I'm excited to see what she does next. I'll just keep observing her.

Nico's POV

The nerve of her! She sounds like she's saying she and Maki-chan make such a good team! At the same time she's smiling at me like it's a piece of cake. Hmph!

I bet that if it had been me and Maki-chan, we'd finish a song even sooner!

"Well, I hope you finally finish that song, Tsubasa-chan. Maki-chan has a lot of things to do, and I'll be helping her out!", I say with pride.

"Really Nico-chan? Maki-chan told me she's free and has not much to do though, excluding the concert and all."

"Whatever! I'm just saying Maki-chan and I will be busy, so don't take your song too long!"

"What is it then? What will you and Maki-chan do?"

"It's...it's none of your business!"

"Ooookay...", Tsubasa-san said that with another smile on her face.

I was hoping that our conversation ended on that note. Once they're done with the song, she and Maki-chan will no longer be together. And I will feel relief.

Immediately after that, I told her "Anyway, good luck!" with my happy smile (happy? yeah right) and turned back to leave. Then...

"Hey! Nico-chan!"

Tsubasa called me and said something. It shook me.

"Nico-chan. ARE YOU JEALOUS?!!"

Eeeek!! She noticed?

----------------

A/N: This is a new fan fiction I am gonna be working on. I might publish the next chapter next week!! <3.