Chapter 25

Chapter 25 – unedited (Written 18/7/2013)

*Friday 4th July and Saturday 5th July*

Ara shifts a little in her sleep causing Xander halting to a short stop as he tries his best not to wake her up. He had let her fall asleep during a bit of the fireworks, but when it was getting late he couldn't find it in his heart to wake her up. 

So now, Xander carefully carries his human mate off the beach bridal style. Faith offered to carry Caleb and was now doing her best not to wake him up, mostly so she can let her best friend have one night of piece. 

They all walked off the beach, other families walking along with them going one by one. It was already ten at night but the fireworks had yet to stop. 

Taking slow, cautious steps on the marble floor in the inside of the beach club, people started looking at the young attractive male carry yet another young attractive female, mostly because he was shirtless. 

Xander enjoyed walking through the almost-empty beach club with his little human mate in his arms, he felt happy and in a way relieved that she's where she belongs, in his arms. 

He knew he'd have to pay a lot for the damage that is done, but he honestly cannot wait to. Unlike most guys who would be put into his situation, he wants to help and stay, he wants to beg his forgiveness from Ara and prove that he's loyal and trustworthy enough to be the kind of man she cannot resist to love. 

He was determined to make her his also willing to do anything to make it possible. 

Soon enough they silently made it into Faith's car, Ara unknowingly resting her head against his shoulder she is in a deep sleep. Faith had safely buckled Caleb into his car seat on Xander's right, who is also asleep. 

Xander couldn't stop smiling when Faith left to go around the car to the drivers seat, here he silently and secretly his new two most favourite human beings on this planet sleep deeply. Ara's cute baby face with closed eyes made her look like an angel coming down from heaven to set Xander on track. 

Her brown wavy hair flowing down her back, occasionally landing on his bare arms and her luscious cupid bow lips, looking slightly chapped but still beautiful. She stirs a little, curling a little closer to Xander. Her unconscious body could tell she was close to someone safe and comforting. 

"Heather's staying at Daniel's tonight, who knows what they'll do." Faith whispers, twisting her back to face the backseats while wiggling her eyebrows jokingly. "But you can put Ara in Heather's room and you can take the guest room." She adds, a kind generous smile on her face as she twists back and starts the car. 

They soon start driving out of the beach club car park, going to the short fifteen minute drive to Faith and Ara's apartment building. 

Ara slowly flutters her eyes open, immediately awake due to it being the normal time she wakes each and every morning. Sitting up, she soon realises that she's in a different spot from where she had fallen asleep – in fact, a different place entirely. 

Her heart starts beating fast in her chest as she stares quickly around her with wide eyes. Her clothes, they were on. There was a bed and no sign of blood though the door was closed. 

Everything made her panic until she saw the familiar sleeping baby next to her and a photo on the bedside table. Then she relaxed, running fingers through her hair with a small-amused laugh. The photo was a cute selfie of Heather and Daniel on an autumn afternoon wrapped up in each other's arms. 

Ara giggles a little when Caleb stretches a little before waking up. She was surprised that he was changed into his pyjamas and cleaned up from the beach. Which brings her back to how she ended up in most likely Heather's bed with her baby next to her.