Chapter-1

Instagram : palak.anand

Dedicated to @theperfphoenix for the very first cover of #MMF. Thanks chica! I love it! ❤

***

Ivory Richards

Top Floor views and beautiful New York City Skylines always seem to trigger my imagination.

And that's exactly why I'm up here, on The Empire State Building, right now.

I can use some inspiration.

After wasting hours of doing nothing but holding a paint brush in my hand and staring at the blank canvas, with an even blanker mind, I decided to come up here. 

Even after two pretty long years of shifting to the city for my further studies in The New York Art Academy, these gigantic skyscrapers filled place and it's people never fail to amaze me.

No wonder this city has achieved so much, so fast.

At times, I cannot help but wonder how privileged I am to be living my dream.

Not the Prince Charming one. The other one.

The one where I come to this dream city of millions and get admission into a good college.

I've been quite lucky with my admission in the university. Clearing the Scholarship Test and getting the course of my choice was not much of a task. After a lot of contemplation, I decided to major in Fine Arts and Entrepreneurship.

To be honest, I still haven't figured out what I'm gonna do after I complete my graduation but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Hopefully.

This reminds me that I still have to complete the assignment due tomorrow.

As I glanced over at my watch, my tummy growled with hunger.

It's 8:58 p.m. now, I should probably stop by some food joint and feed the elephants jumping in my stomach.

                                   ~

Soon after my tummy decided to embarrass me in front of at least a fifty people, I left the building, took a train and came here,at The Jimmy's Diner, to grab a bite.

It took me approximately half an hour to reach here and as soon as I did, I ordered my usual.

This particular Diner was down the street by the 16th Avenue and 90's inspired. Walls were painted rugged brown with picture frames of some famous celebrities and politicians eating or chatting, Floor was covered entirely with shiny red carpet, while all the Tables were covered with white and pink striped table clothes, each one of them boring a small vase with a rose in it.

The over all aura of the diner seems to take you in an entirely different time zone.

It's a small yet a hearty (and my favourite) place to dine in. Not to forget a cheap one too.

The sweet smell of Melted Cheese and Bacon along with a distinctive sound of a pair of feet walking towards me, told me that my meal was ready.

"Ivy! It's you, again!"

Miranda gushed, putting my plate of White Sauce Pasta and crispy Bacon and Fries down on the table, in front of me.

Miranda is the co-owner and one of the waitress' at Jimmy's. A blonde woman in her mid-thirties, most probably. She's one of the most lively and optimistic people I've met in these two years.

"Yes, it's me. Again. Blame the sweet aroma of these Bacon and Fries which dragged me all the way down here from the Empire State" I said, in a matter of factly manner.

She let out a little chuckle.

"You're funny! So, where have you been? Haven't seen you in a while now" she asked in her American-German accent.

"Here and There. College keeps me occupied. By the way, I found a new flat mate. Did I tell you that?" I asked, confused, she nodded in answer.

"Well, last month, my childhood best friend-Stacey- decided to come over for a few months, till the end of semester.

She's the one who's been cooking for me for quite a while now. But yesterday, she went back home for some unknown reasons..." I explained.

"And since you HATE cooking, you came running to your good old friends" she said, completing my sentence.

"You know me well" I said honestly, giving her a sheepish smile.

"That I do!" she said, winking.

And with that, she went on with her work and went to the other tables to take some orders.

Meanwhile  the delicious smell of the carbs lying in front of me, filled my nostrils and I dug into the heavenly goodness without any further ado.

It took me no time at all to finish my dinner. No wonder why.

I should bring Stacey here someday, I bet she'll love it.

I paid my bill at the counter and took a cab which dropped me at my apartment.

I'm gonna be so mad at myself tomorrow for not completing the assignment on time! Ugh!

But since there's nothing I can do about it now, might as well grab some goodnight sleep.

***
A/N : Hi, guys! I hope you like the first chapter so far. It's not been professionally edited or proofread. So let me know if you find any glitch. Also, which part did you liked/disliked the most? Too long? Too fast? Too slow? You can leave a comment or message me personally.I'd really like to hear from y'all! :)

Thanks for reading. :D

P.S. I'll be posting some of my favorite quotes with every chapter, check them out in the media as well.

Until later, then!❤