[2] ; get to know me, i dare you

-

riley waits in the lunch line next to smackle to get their usual horrid food. smackle's insides were churning as riley said that sentence. "lets go sit with Lucas." even though riley didn't actually want to sit with them, she was scared what they would do to smackle. obviously smackle was strong, but taking on all 5 of them?

she told smackle about how Lucas was way stronger than her when she tried to push him away. and smackle just knew somehow that rest of them were like him.

"i'm still not okay with this." smackle says hesitantly as they look around for Lucas and his squad. Riley spots them and walks over, not trying to look afraid. she wasn't afraid. she was just worried what they would do to her only best friend.

as they walk over, maya smirks at their sighting. Riley ends up at the edge of the table not sure where to sit. the only spot was next to Lucas or Maya. smackle did the honours of sitting next to maya which bothered riley so much. she inwardly groaned and sat next to Lucas, leaving a huge gap in between the two.

"Can i help you?" he spat at her as he looked at her with no concern what so ever. Riley looked over to Maya with a questioning look. "oh. right," maya laughed. "I invited Riley to come sit with us. I hope you don't mind, Luke." she says smugly to her older brother. He rolls his eyes.

"she's using you to get to me." he says to Riley. she shrugged and took a look at how uncomfortable Smackle looked. "Why?" she asked curiously.

he chuckled. "i'll let you off with a little secret," he says coming closer to riley's ear. "every guy she's dated or loved, i kill with pleasure. no big deal." he says moving his face away with a cheery smile. riley gulped.

"you don't believe in your sister's love?" riley asked, still able to talk after his absurd words. someone butts in the conversation. "I don't think he believes any of us deserve love. I'm Farkle, Lucas' brother." he introduces. everyone had been so quiet she forgot about lucas friends. but she realises now that they must be all lucas' siblings instead. They must all be like him, it meant.

She could even smell the blood that came from Charlie's coffee cup. So it meant what it meant.

"you don't believe in true love?" riley asked him. he shook his head. "true love isn't real unless it's returned." he simply replies. she stares at him waiting for something else to happen. she'd expect a joke out of it or some theory of how its stupid. but he said it so bluntly it kind of intimidated her.

"if we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?" he finishes.

"but enough about me. what about you, sunshine?" he says drinking some of his orange juice.

she chuckles. "get to know me, i dare you." he smirks. "i wouldn't mind if i do. making your life a living hell can come after." he does a sarcastic smile which annoys her even more. "this food is disgusting how do you eat this?" a dark skinned boy says with pure disgust in his voice. "we don't." smackle laughs as she takes a sip of her juice.

"Would you stop whining for once, Zay." Someone else calls. "Your voice is so irritating it's giving me a headache." Maya rolls her eyes. "This is why no one likes you, Charlie. You're such a bore I fall asleep just looking at you." Riley laughs from her remark.

"So you do have a sense of humour." Lucas states, talking to Riley. She raised an eyebrow. "Of course I do. I'm not a bore like your brother, now am I?" She smirks.

Charlie leaves the table annoyed from everyone. Smackle holds her laughter. "You didn't have to be that harsh." Farkle says a little offended. Maya shushes him. "Now you as well? What is happening to this family?" Maya asks only jokingly. Riley watches the family quarrel like a drama show. It was quite hilarious the way they were talking to each other. And let's not talk about the looks Smackle were giving her.

"aren't you guys a happy a family," riley jokes. except no one laughed. because no one found it funny. riley realised that something was up but she was to frightened that one of them might murder her. if Lucas was stronger than her, wouldn't all of them be?

"It's just us now. both our parents are dead so..." farkle answers, not wanting Riley to feel uncomfortable. "thankfully." lucas mutters. it's like he forgets everyone has really good hearing except for smackle, who was the odd one out.

"how are you thankful for that?" she asks out of disgust. of course she didn't know their home life but they were their parents. how could he be glad that they were dead?

"you ask a lot of questions, don't you now?" Lucas says rhetorically. she clamps her mouth shut to stop herself from talking. smackle stands up. "well this just got awkward, i'm gonna... go." she rushes away. riley stands up to go after her but someone grabs her hand.

"stay." Lucas says as he stands up to try and persuade her. "i'd rather not." she says truthfully. "You said you'd make my life a living hell."

"Maybe I've changed my mind completely." Lucas smirks. Riley snatches her hand away from his.

maya comes around and stands next to lucas. "you know, brother, i'm getting a bit peckish. and since this cafeteria food is horrid..." riley knew what she was going to say next so she bit her lip hard and sat back down.

"we need help getting around this school. and even though we can compel whoever we want, you seem more fun." lucas says, smiling a sinister smile. she nods her head. "where do you want to start?" riley asks as she sighs.

"how about you show us everything." maya says ditching Farkle to sit next to her. riley denied. "i have class soon." she defends. these people don't even care about anything. they just wanted to mess with riley. make sure she payed for making lucas look like a fool.

"who cares? you can just compel yourself a good grade." maya laughs. farkle looks at them and rolls his eyes. "do we have to force her into this?" He said looking dull and bored.

"maybe i want to keep the part of me thats human." riley protests. Lucas chuckles. "well, you're not human. none of us are. you just have to learn to accept it." lucas says getting up. everyone looks at him.

"what? don't keep me waiting, let's go." he says, ushering them. riley inwardly groans and leads the way.

i guess lunch with the devil wasn't that bad, she thought. oh who is she kidding, it was horrible.