Followers?

Blinded Sight

Chapter 1: Followers?

I walked through New York City. It was late but everyone seemed more awake then ever. Lights lit up the night and signs flashed. I could hear horns blaring everywhere I turned. I could see the crystal coloured stars twinkling in the sky. I walked on sniffing the popcorn vendor on the corner. Skyscrapers reached up farther than the eye could see. In the distance, proud and tall stood the statue of Liberty.

Fumes from the cars, trucks and taxis glided along the charcoal road, hopping from puddle to puddle. Neon lights lined the shops and streets, the smell of take away pizza was amazing and the temptation hit me. As waited third in line for my vegetarian pizza I began texting on my phone, the well lit room was a blinding change from the city lights outside...

Old rock music was playing in the background, so I turned on some proper music on my phone and listened to some proper music..

. When I was just giving my order a couple of people walked in with long black coats on. They took two stools and sat by the counter on one side at the shop and began whispering and one of them showed the other a piece of card with something on it.

When I got my pizza I sat three stools away from them and tried to listen, when I had finished I went to the bathroom and stayed in there for a bit, I didn't like the look of them. As I looked in the mirror I styled my hair back to how it usually was and checked my phone for messages. I came back out and put my navy blue, diesel hoodie and grabbed the can of Fanta I'd payed for, and then I left the shop. When I began walking down path I could see their reflections behind me and my heart began to start pounding... It was a strange but scary feeling I never felt before, I didn't like it.

I was no rush to get home but I didn't want to stay out for too long, so I started to walk around round streets, mainly the busiest ones so they couldn't try anything. Then after walking around the same route about three times I got in my car and waited. Ding! I had a message. I ignored it... Ding! God dam it Sam really!

As I sat there they turned around and pretended to go into a bar, I sat there scared and cold, I made sure the windows were closed tightly and the doors were locked, I checked the back seats.

...

Then I started the car.

...

I slowly began to drive the car out of the side lane and from the rear view mirror I saw them both get into a black Mercedes, I drove faster, and the faster I drove the faster they went I was positive I was being followed.

But what should I do. Ding! For fuck sake, I messaged Sam back and asked if he wanted to come round my house for a bit, I needed the company. He was busy, but not busy enough to ask the football scores. The Mercedes was two cars behind me!

Did I have Followers?