Bitter Coffee

Blinded Sight

Chapter 3: Bitter Coffee

Beep...Beep...Beep

It was 6 am and it was Saturday! I must have left my alarm on. I slumped off the bed and down stairs into the lounge, Bertie and Peaches were already down waiting for the breakfast. I turned the news on and made the cats and Marley's breakfast.  Then mine. They were next to the fridge and I was sat on the breakfast bar, the news rambled on about money crises, as usual. I made a mug a coffee and began drinking it. Urggh, bitter coffee.. I flushed the coffee down the sink and put the kettle back on.

Then I started doing the dishes, I was drying a pot i heard i loud smash, it must have been the kettle, just cheap rubbish appliances. The cats jumped out their skin and hid under the coffee table. Then as I looked at them there was glass all over the bay window ledge and there was a gaping hole in the window. I ran over and tumbled across the glass, towards a green glass bottle. It was wet, I picked it up but it slipped out of my hand. It smashed of the coffee table. Oh fuck. Surrounded by glass was a rolled up piece of lined paper, I picked it up and wiped all the glass off it.

It read, bluntly:   

     Hey there Jess, I bet you won't guess who this is will you? I know what you did! You can't hide from me becuse I know where you are now. You better watch your back, I'm coming for you, don't involve the cops if you want to live.

So blunt, I hate it when people call me Jess, I'm a boy, I'm Jesse! Jesse is a girl's name, but load's of boys are called Jesse like, Jesse Anderson, the football player and Jesse Carmichael the guy from Maroon 5. Who even spells that bad, 'becuse' seriously!

But despite reading this letter I wasn't as scared as last night, I guess this doesn't seem as real. Probably the kids that live next door to Sam, bastards! I didn't know what to do, I took my the house phone from it's receiver and rang my mate Matt who deals with windows and shit like that, i couldn't let silly people like that win. Well they only smashed my window but still...

I looked out the window whilst it was ringing, ring... Ring. There was no one outside...

"Hey Matt, it's Jesse"

Matt- "Jesse ma' man s'up"

"What you doing today"

Matt- "Nowt really just sat bored

" Well, I've gotta' problem with my window, it's smashed, can you come around in about ten?"

Matt- "Sure mate, I'll be round in a bit, beats listening to Jane all day, she's doing my head in, how did you manage to smash your window? Because--"

"--Ha, Cheers, bye Matt"

Matt- "...See ya"

Done. I avoided his questions. Thank Fucking God. That was the easy part. Now the hard part, having to listen to Matt and his problems, whilst he fixes the window. 

I put the phone on the window sill. Not such a good idea. I put back in the receiver and picked up the cats, i didn't want to put them outside, not while those stupid kids are up to their pranks. Especially after what happened last time with Peaches and their stupid snake. I hate snakes... I put them both in my room and closed the door, i went around the house and checked the other windows. No damage. Luckily.