Home, Sweet Home

Blinded Sight

Chapter 2: Home, Sweet Home

...30 minutes later...

I was finally home, I took my keys out of my pocket all of the key rings and keys jingled as I tried to put the key in the keyhole, but my hands were shaking the men were parked about ten houses away from mine. Once the key was in I turned it and went through the door, the house was quieter than usual.

I leaned against the door and looked through the spy hole they weren't there and neither was the car, I locked it and put the chain latch on and locked it with the bolt. I put the living room light on and sat down. I stared at the blank TV and switched it on. I was so relieved to be home. My two cats Peaches and Bertie came into the room and sat by my feet. I held tight to my keys, it comforted me. I watched TV but couldn't help thinking who the men were.

I put my keys in the bowl on the fire place and went into the kitchen, I opened a 'meal for one' pasta then put it in the microwave. I sat by the counter and ate it. After I had eaten it, I turned the TV off and checked the windows down stairs and carried my cats to my room. I looked out the bathroom window down to my dog Marley who was barking at next door's cat. I tip-toed back down stairs and let Marley in. Having Marley in the house put me at peace.

I got into bed, the cats had already called dibs on the left side, I checked my phone and texted my girlfriend telling her about the men. She said I was paranoid, but I knew there was something to worry about. Then my phone went out of battery, I put it one my bedside table and closed my eyes, thinking blankly, I heard shouting...

I got back up and walked to my window, there were no cars close by, strange. So i went to the backroom where i usually worked, there was cars in the backstreet that looked like theirs. So i went back into my room and went to sleep, well tried.

...

In the middle of the night, I woke up to find Marley laying over my legs, everything was black and white it looked as if i was looking at an old picture. I wriggled my legs out and went into the bathroom. I leaned over the sink and took deep breaths I felt sick. I rinsed my mouth and went back to bed. I cuddled into my pillow trying to come up with some sort of solution. But there wasn't any.

(Does anyone have any ideas what to call his girlfriend)