Chatper 1

CHAPTER 1

"WAKE UP NOW!!! YOU STUPID LITTLE WHORE!!!" My mom screamed at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at my alarm clock, it read 8:46 am Shit I thought, I already missed 1st period. I got up and slammed my foot onto the floor, so my mom would stop her bitching. "Hurry up, or I'm not taking you to school." She spoke in a regular voice now. Whatever, I said in my mind. I went to my closet and opened the doors. I grabbed my pinned stripped jeans, my Kick-Ass t-shirt, and my adventure time hoodie. I went over the dress code for my school, in my head. Shirt: Check. Pants: Check. Jacket: Check. Dress shoes: Hell no. Tie: forgot. I looked around for a tie; instead I grabbed a 'sexy bitch' belt and made a makeshift one. Tie: Check. I picked up my empty book bag and ran downstairs.

"MOM!! I'm ready!!" I yelled to her room, there was no way in hell I was going in there again.

Once when I was 5, I planned to jump out from under her bed and yell surprise, for her birthday. Since it was Saturday I would have all the time I needed to prepare when she got home at 6. Since it was her birthday, I figured she wouldn't bring home any 'jobs', and we could celebrate. Oh how I was wrong. When she got home, she went straight to her room where I was hiding. I just about ready until I heard someone else's footsteps. "Hey didn't you say you had a daughter, Sal?"

"Oh, honey. She's probably still sleeping. She sleeps like a rock so we can make as much noise as we want." I wanted to scream or at least get out if the room before they started to do 'it'. That night I learned what my mom meant when she said 'jobs'. From then on I never went inside her room again.

"Mom!!" I yelled again, shuddering at the memory. "She's probably finishing one of her jobs." I said to myself. "I'm leaving. Bye!" I yelled one last time before I shut the door, and started walking to school in the rain. I walked pass the market, which was just starting to open up. Augustus, the manager, waved to me. I nodded my head and hurried passed. He gave me the creeps.

I arrived at school, at 9:23. The attendance lady, looked at me sternly and told me, "One more late and you'll get detention, young lady. -cough cough-" One more day, and hopefully you'll fall over and die. I said in my head. I went to my third period after putting my empty book bag in my equally empty locker. I walked into my L.A. Class and was ready to be scolded, but instead there was a sub. Thank God for this miracle, which he has bestowed upon me!

"Please take a-" the sub started to say but I was already on my way to my seat, that was isolated in the back. (You’re a distraction, says the teacher.) Lucy had put her books and papers on my desk. Ah hell no. I shoved them onto ground and sat down. Lucy glared at me, and I flashed her my best fuck you smile I had. She scrambled out of her seat and picked them up, muttering angry words while she did. The whole class was silent while she picked up the last book off the floor, it was her diary. A page that was probably ripped fluttered out. It landed on Joey’s desk.

"I love the way-" Joey began to read it out loud. Lucy's face turned bright red. I hated Lucy, but I wanted to kill Joey, more than anything. I slammed my hand on his desk, covering the paper.

"Burn in hell." I said in his ear, and took the paper off his desk and placed it silently on Lucy's. I could hear her whisper a silent thank you so much. I sat back in my desk and stared out the window while the teacher rambled on about sentence structure. The rest of the day was uneventful. It was still raining when school let out. Everyone was exposed to take the bus when it rained, but instead I flipped my hood on and started to walk away from the school. About 1/2 a mile away from the school there was a construction site. That's where I was headed. I texted my mom that I was going to be staying the night at a friend's, not like she cared though. I ran the rest of the 20 feet there. Since it was raining no one was working. I started to climb the buildings 'bones' to the top. After slipping a few times, almost losing my bag of candy plus my soda can, I finally made it to the top. That's where I loved to be. The cool air, rain hitting my face, it was a thunder storm, but for days like these early in the morning the crew puts rubber caps on the top, so lightning won't strike it.

________________________

Yes, I'm starting again. But this time I'm going to finish it.

<3 Dovie