Chapter Fourteen

Eather's P.O.V

Duke, Ruby(The kitty), Yui, and I played in the playroom all Saturday morning and also watching cartoons's (classic at that.) "Duke. Duke. Hey. Hey. HHEEYYYYY!" Duke was pretending to ignore me while playing with Yui. He was starting to piss me off a little. I wanted to tackle him so bad but he had Yui with him. "Dad!" I yell into the hallway making sure he could hear me. A moment later I see him walking down the hall. 

"Can I tell you something?" He nods his head and and we walk to the living room. I'm still not ready to talk about my past to him just for now i'm just going to tell him my sexuality and about Duke I mean it should be fine we never did the thing. "lets go talk in the living room." I feel nervous all of a sudden. 

"Okay." We walk to the living room and sit on the couch. "So what is it?" I talk a deep breath and let it out. 

"I'm. I'm Gay." I wait for his reaction for a few minutes all that I can see was joy. He hugged me. 

"Thank you." He pulled away with a big smile on his face. "I'm glad you told me." I take in deep breath. "So about Duke." He looked at me with concern in his his eye's. "Did you guys ever you know." He put up his fingers and made a little demonstration with his fingers. He made his right hand into a 'o' shape and pointed his finger out and slides his pointed finger into the 'o' shape. 

I couldn't help but laugh at his childless. "No we haven't even gotten close to any of that. I mean kissing yes but that's it." We both laugh. 

"Alright go ahead and go back there and ill go grab Yui its about time for her nap." I nod and fallow him back to the playroom. Duke looks at me as I walk into the room. "Here. Let me see Yui it's nap time." Duke hands Yui over too Jordan and gives him a friendly smile. Jordan walks out the room and I decide to fallow him out and go to my room. Before I could even get past the wall Duke grabs me by my waist from behind and a small scream escape's me.

He threw me on the sofa that was in the corner of the room. When he through me down and I went into a panic attack. When he threw me I felt so many emotions and really bad memories that hurt. I could feel him trying to get me out of my head. I hear his voice vary faint as the voices tell me too run, get the hell out, don't trust these people. So I got up and ran to my room locking the door behind me. Duke was banging on the door. I heard Jordan's voice asking what was going on and what he did. 

There was a moment of silence then I heard Duke say softly through the wooden door. "Come on out Eather its okay. I need you please." After hearing that I went into my closet and grabbed a couple pairs of clothes two pairs of shoes and of course underwear and socks. Stuffing it into my old backpack. I lift up the old thing and the strap breaks so I grab the gym bag that I have under my bed and stuff the clothes into the bag. 

I write out a letter that says 'I couldn't handle what This family has given me. I took a some clothes, shoes, iPod and charger, and that gray gym bag. Please don't try to find me. I can keep myself safe. I promise I've been out there since I was 10. Ill miss you guys. Thanks for the love and home. River make sure Yui and Jordan stay safe. To Duke i'm sorry for wasting your time on a peace of crap. I hope you make the most of your life. Goodbye.' 

I open the window before going to the door and unlocking it. I crawl out the window and close it the best I could from the outside. I make sure no one who knew me was outside. I start walking the side walk until I found a park full of kids playing having fun something I should have been able to do when I was younger. Sitting on a bench watching the kids play my mind starts racing and i'm thinking about my sister Hazel again. What was wrong with my mother? Was it my dad who turned her into that when they got back together or was it me? Could she not handle me?

I fill my cheeks start to get wet and suddenly notice I have started crying. I wipe the tears away and look around and suddenly notice that no one is here anymore and there is a person on the other side of the park staring at me. "Hello?" I was curious to know who that was but at the same time scared. The person stood up and walked towards me.