There's Nothing Left to Say Chapter 3

The guys invited me to go out drinking with them after our game. Obviously I agreed and joined them at a near by bar.

I was watching Tucker kick Antonio’s ass in pool when Jake came over.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting to see you again,” he said joining me.

“You made sure of that,” I said sipping my beer.

“We were just teammates,” he said nudging me.

“I don’t like telling people my mistakes,” I said smiling sweetly.

“Ouch! That one’s going to leave a bruise”.

“Good”.

“You haven’t changed much have you? You’re still that same sassy babe I met years ago.”

“Don’t flatter me”.

“So you’re a model now?”

“Yeah, long story short, Victoria Secret liked what they saw and hired me.”

“You never seemed like the model type to me”.

“That’s because I’m not the same naive little girl you met years ago”.

“Touché,” he said taking a sip of his beer. “So, you and Tony huh? That’s not going to get confusing.”

“Congratulations Toni! Oh thanks Jake,” I said rolling my eyes.

He chuckled, “He’s a cool guy”.

“I don’t need your approval, not anymore”.

“Chill out, Toni, I’m just messing with you.”

“I don’t want to be messed with”.

“Sorry,” he said before sipping his beer.

I could feel the elephant in the room getting bigger.

“You could have called, texted, emailed, mailed me a letter, hell, a messenger pigeon would have been nice”.

“You want to have this conversation now, in front of your fiancé?”

“He knows we dated just not the nitty gritty,” I said facing Jake. “All I’m saying was I was willing to put hundred percent and you promised me you weren’t going to hurt me.”

“Did I?”

“Did you what?”

“Hurt you?”

“A little…”

Jake sighed and took a long sip of his beer before turning away from me. “I’m sorry…”

“I don’t think you are,” I said before walking away.

“Is that what you’re so bitter about?” he asked following. “The fact that I was a shitty boyfriend? You knew what you were getting into.”

“Yes! I pissed that you didn’t keep up your end and that I let myself get fooled by you so yes I’m a bit bitter and the fact that you’re still in my life today really pisses me off. So do me a solid and don’t talk to me or get traded again, I don’t really care. Antonio! You’re getting creamed lets go.”

“Yeah one sec, Toni,” he called.

I walked away from Jake and headed outside.

Antonio joined me outside and got into the passenger seat. “You okay, babe?”

“I think so,” I said wiping a tear away.

“Are those angry tears or sad tears?” he asked.