Chapter 2- A Near Fatal Attack With a Stick

"Guys!" A voice shouts, awakening me from my light sleep. 

"Whoa!" Another muses. "What's bedrock doing here?" 

I jump up with surprise. I have to get Gareth and get out of here. Like, now.

"It's probably a bug," The third player says dismissively. 

Instinctively, I jumped up and broke my bed, placing it in my inventory. I broke my chest as well, and all of the items spilled out. I picked them up. 

"I've got a diamond pick axe and a stone shovel. I'll take care of this." A fourth voice says. Surprisingly, it it unmistakably female. "You guys should go on home."

"I'll stay with Kristie." The second voice says.

I quickly place down some cobblestone in front of and around the bedrock door. Shoot! Cobblestone... I should have put down smelted stone. Oh, well. I don't have enough time to mine it and re-place stone. Quickly, I grabbed my lamp, lever, and made sure my button was in my inventory, and rushed into Gareth's cave. 

"Gareth!" I whisper-yelled at him, waking him up. He sleeps during the day, so he probably just drifted off. 

He opened one eye and grumbled a few complaints at me.

"Gareth! Get! Up!" I urge. "Players are outside! They'll find us if we don't get a move on."

Gareth's eyes open instantly and he leaps out of his bed so quickly that he almost slams into a wall. Stumbling, destroys his bed and grabs all of the stuff in his chest. To disguise the cobblestone incident, Gareth left his chest in place and I put some random, useless items in it. 

"Whoa... Kristie! It's a CAVE!" The second player exclaimed with false excitement. 

"Yay... How exiting..." Kristie gripes.

Stumbling around in the dark, I cover my eyes. Gareth  guides me through the exit tunnel, staggering throughout the seemingly endless labyrinth of tunnels and dead ends. Finally, a light appeared at the end of the corridor of stone. 

"Yes!" Gareth celebrated. 

I uncovered my eyes un sprinted toward the end. Right as we reached the sun soaked grasslands, two figures blocked our path. The players.

"Whoa. Is that..." The first started.

"Herobrine?!" The second finished. He looked like he was going to faint.

I contemplated whether to answer. I decided that it would be too amusing not to. 

"You are correct. But this guy," I gestured toward Gareth. "Calls me Brine. If you favor your head, do not call me that."

The two players stifled a scream and hugged each other like their lives depended on it. I may be in a horrible mess, but at leats it was hilarious. The first player grabbed a stick and thrashed it around randomly, hitting me four times and Gareth five times. I grabbed a stick and joked, "You want to go? These are some extremely deadly weapons you know..."

He hit me again. I poked him in the leg with my stick making the second player, whose gamer tag read, MinecraftMaster123, scream, "Don't hurt him!"

"I'm not." I say. "I am poking him." 

"Which hurts," The first player protested.

"Does not." Gareth smiles, clearly enjoying this. "Remind me why we were avoiding this for, what, two years?" 

The players do not understand him, so they just stare. They stop screaming, and seem to regain sanity. "So, you're not gonna kill us." The first says.

"Why would I?" I ask.

MinecraftMaster123 studies me, trying to read my expression. Then he turns to Gareth. "What's with the Zombie?"

Gareth glares at the player. "Can I kill him?" 

"No." I reply.

"Um... Are you talking to it?" MinecraftMaster123 asks quizzically.

Gareth fumes. "Can I kill him now?

"No!" I shout. 

Player #1 stepped forward. "The internet says you kill people."

I groan. "Well, if someone is coming at you with a diamond sword, you have to defend yourself." 

"Point taken." MinecraftMaster23 agrees.

Suddenly, Gareth screams in pain and jumps in back of me, out in the sunlight catching him on fire. He screams even louder and bolts back into the cave, but two figures block his path. The other players. 

"Excuse me," Kristie interrupts. "But what is going on?"