Chapter Two. A New Home

The puppy was so tiny when we got him home that day. He had a mostly black face with a white streak going from the top of his head to around his nose and he has a couple black patches around his body and little black specks all over. When we were at the shelter mum let me pick out some toys for him. I found a little green rubber bone for him to chew on, a thick red and white rope with two knots at each end and a few red tennis balls. I played with him for about 5 hours until my dad got home and I had a name for him in mind but I didn't want to tell mum until dad got home. As soon as my dad got home from work his smile widened when he saw the puppy in front of me. He walked over to us and looked at me and I nodded letting him know that he could pick up my puppy. "Aw he is so cute! What is he?" my dad asked looking at my mum

"Pointer" my mother replied smiling.

"What have you named him?" My father asked me.

I smiled looking between both of my parents.

"Oli" I said. Short for Oliver.

Why, you ask? Oliver was my mothers, fathers name, my Grandfather. He had a huge place in our hearts and even though at the time he died about a month before i got that puppy, i didn't even really know him, but i really liked him.  I was 5 years old when he died just like I was 5 years old when I got Oli.

My father was on the verge of tears and a few tear dripped down my mums cheeks.

After that day Oli was mine. He became my best friend. He would sleep on my bed and he wouldn't leave my side. Oli grew up so quickly and so had I. By the time i was 6, it was time for my first day of prep, primary school and Oli was now half the size of his full grown size.

I remember my parents yelling at Oli, quite a lot in his early years because i wanted him to be an inside dog. "NO DON'T CHEW THE CURTAINS!" My mother would yell.

"OLI THAT FOOD WAS MINE NOT YOURS!" My father would complain

"OLI DON'T PEE ON THE CARPET!"

"OLI THAT'S NOT EDIBLE!"

"OLI OUT OF THE KITCHEN!"

"OLI YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN FED!"

"OLI NO!" They would say.

You see, the funny thing was Oli was a terror of a dog to my parents. I think he just liked annoying them but he would never annoy me. He would purposely make himself at home by jumping up on the couch when my dad was sitting there and Oli would lay on his legs. Because lets face it, Oli was heavy.  Oli would mostly annoy my dad, I think he did it because he wanted attention seeming my dad was always either working, eating or sleeping. I found it hilarious when Oli would steal my fathers food off his plate if he fell asleep on the couch with his plate in his hands. My mother and i would pull out the old tape recorder and video dad when he was asleep, because whenever he was asleep Oli was trying to wake him. His techniques where to jump on him, lick his face or bark at him and scare him. It was priceless. But I guess the good thing was that my small family loved Oli. Family gatherings were especially fun because everyone would beg us to bring Oli. Oli was still a cheeky shit at the gatherings but everyone thought it was so funny so my parents couldn't exactly tell him off then.

I trained Oli to sit, lay down and all the basics so Oli would only listen to me when i commanded him. He followed me everywhere. When i went out down the street he would follow me, no leash. When i went for bike rides Oli would follow, still no leash. Practically wherever i went Oli would follow. It was a good thing though, he was kind of like a guard dog and when i went to my first day of school, everyone was jealous of my dog.

Notes:
Aww Oli such a cute name right? I hope you guys liked this new chapter again please vote and share this story it helps heaps!
Thanks so much ily ❤️