00; A T T A C H M E N T

A T T A C H M E N T
[
uh-tach-muh-nt]
a feeling that binds one to a person, thing, cause, ideal, or the like; devotion; regard.

Kiara wasn't one for attachment. Attachment, to her, meant hurt when they left you. The only person she had any sort of connection with was her twin, Kyle, but that was forced upon her. They grew up on the planet of Corellia but when the twins were twelve, their parents joined the Rebel force. So they moved away from their home, away from everything that they knew. That was when Kiara stopped growing close to anyone, when her parents took her away from everyone that she knew. 

Ben never really felt attached to anyone, apart from his family. Other people on the base were just that to him; other people. He felt no need to go out and make friends or begin training with the other fourteen-year-old's there. So he locked him self away and practiced everything that he would ever need to know; how to be a Jedi. 

That was until two new comers stumbled their way into his life. The twins were an interesting pair to him, each knowing when the other was in pain, angry or saddened by anything. Ben found it strange that no matter how far away, when Kyle was training and got hurt, Kiara knew immediately, like she had gained the injury herself. Kyle and Ben became friends but Kiara still had walls so high you would get altitude sickness from looking at them.

That's why when they were both old enough, it was just sex between Ben and Kiara. Nothing more. No labels, no public affection, no attachment.

So when Kiara found herself in need of something more than what she was getting, she got scared. Not because of the feelings, no they were only a minor issue. It was because she had seen Ben looking at her the same way she looked at him. And that was what was truly terrifying to her.