Chapter One: The Bracelet

It’s 10 o'clock in the evening. It's a cold Monday night. Today is June 15, few hours more till my birthday. I'm Choi Jinri, a 21 year old girl who haven't moved on since her first love in high school. Close friends would say that he isn't worth my time and effort. Some say that I should start going on blind dates, or try to open my heart to other people. Believe me, I've tried. But it's not the easiest thing to do. Especially when that person, like in my situation, is still hard to let go of. The memory of him is too… important… to let it go easily. It needs time. And you don't know how much time I've waited to move on. They said time heals. All I could think of is, "Oh really? Be in my shoes and let's see how it works." I've waited for 8 years. 8 YEARS. If I still don't move on, it's going to be my 9th year of waiting tomorrow.

I'm spacing out in my room, not knowing what to do. Well, I do know what to do. I should sleep, because tomorrow will be the biggest event in my life. I'm going to be a designer at the "P Couture". If you don’t know what that is, it's a big fashion company that I wanted to work at so much. I'm so lucky and I shouldn't waste my time, crying over him. Sigh. If only it was that easy…

While thinking about how exciting it would be and I even imagined myself being in fashion shows all around the world, modelling for the biggest fashion company, flaunting all my skills, I spotted one thing that made me happy, and at the same time, sad. I spotted that thing. That box. But I prefer to call it the "Memory Box". Because of the things inside it, hence the name. So many memorable things - bad or good - are in there.

I walked towards it while taking a deep breath. 'Stop it, Jinri. You're going to hurt yourself.' I sighed thinking, 'That's what I do best.' I shrugged, not minding what the other part of me is saying, and without any doubt, went to pick it up. I put it on the foot of my bed and drew one big sigh, as I open the lid of the box.

The first thing my eyes laid on was… the bracelet.

*FLASHBACK*

Summer before high school starts…

I woke up 7 o'clock in the morning. I received a text message from Krystal, my best friend forever.

Stallie luvs <3: Hey, Jin! We're going to the amusement park today. You comin'?

Me: Hey Stal~ Of course I'll come. Meet you at the entrance at 8, okay?

Stallie luvs <3: Yeah. Jessica and Yuri will come too. See you! Can't wait. <3

I giggled at her last text. Jessica is Krystal's older sister, but for me, Yuri resembles Krystal more. Yuri and Jessica always seemed to stick around together. Like… they were an item. Which was weird cause they're both girls. But who cares, right? It's love, and love has no boundaries. Haters gonna hate.

I stopped talking to myself and went to prepare. By the time it was 7:45, I went out of my room, ate my breakfast, and bid goodbye to my mom. Once I reached outside, I hailed a taxi. I texted Krystal that I was coming.

Stallie luvs <3: Okay. We're already here, waiting for you. Get yo' ass here, nigga.

Me: HEEY! I ain't a nigga! I'm… overly white, and even pale to be a nigga! And will you wait? You might want to say that to the taxi driver, not me. --,

As soon as I pressed 'Send', I realized that I was already at my destination, so I paid the driver, got out of the cab, and was greeted by three weirdos that I love.

"YAAAH! What took you so long?!" Krystal said, while smacking me on the head.

"Ow!" I rubbed my head and pouted. "Stal, don't you love me anymore?! You said you'll take care of meee." I faked a sob.