Cumin, it's a spice

Authors Note: Okay, I know I don't usually put my notes in the beginning of the story. But because of Valentine's Day and the way my story is progressing. There will be some smut in this chapter, so if you're uncomfortable with that just don't read it. And I'm placing this here because I didn't label my story as mature, so here's my warning for it. There will be mature content, sexual activities, and vulgar language. Alright enjoy the chapter. Oh see y'all around spring break, that's the next chapter! Go check out my other book(s).

>>>>>

Kenma walked into the kitchen, he grabbed his hair with one hand and quickly slipped the apron on. He used a hairband on his wrist to tie his hair into a pony tail. Kenma's always been able to cook. Much better than Kuroo, he now knows. Which is weird since Kuroo is the oldest of two young children, although Kenma does remember Shion complaining about Kuroo's food.

He opened up the fridge to see what he could possibly cook up for them. Some chicken, some vegetables, and pasta. Aha! It seemed like Italian is on the menu tonight. Because he can use his skills to cook up a nice chicken tomato stew.

"How's Italian sound?" Kenma turned to Kuroo. Kuroo seemed to pause a little before opening his mouth to answer Kenma. He was stunned by how cute Kenma looked in an apron and his hair up. "Uhh I" Kuroo stuttered, "Ye-yeah sounds good."

"Okay." Kenma went straight back to work. He started off by defrosting the raw chicken pieces. He carefully peeled the ceramic it was contained in. He turned the stove on and felt the small radiating heat on his face, as the fire flicked into medium. And as he gathered the ingredients, reaching for the salt shaker, he felt the eyes of a certain someone in his peripheral vision, and he almost dropped the salt shaker.

"Woah, careful there." Kuroo grabbed the salt shaker just in time, and placed his hand on Kenma's arm. "Kuroo, what are you doing?" Kenma questioned with a small smile of confusion and surprise. "I'm sorry, I just want to watch you. May I?" Kuroo pleaded with a pout.

Unable to refuse Kuroo's puppy dog face, Kenma rolled his eyes, "Fine." He continued. Kuroo stood off to the side and watched as Kenma threw raw foods into the pan and heard the sizzling of those foods burning in the pan. He watched as Kenma mixed things around within the pan with a giant wooden spoon, and the way Kenma used his hands to throw in cut up vegetables and spices.

So that's what cooking looks like.
"What are you smiling at?" Kenma pauses.

"Huh?" Kuroo caught himself, he didn't realize he was smiling either. "Oh. I'm sorry. You're just really cute." He smiled a crooked smile.

Kenma's cheeks flush. "S-shut up." He looks away and starts stirring again. He adds a pot of water into a bowl and placed it by the pan, and turned on the other stove. He adds diced up tomatoes and diced up vegetables into the bowl. And then he stirred.

"Oh no." Kenma said in such a calm demeanor, one would wonder if he were really surprised by what happened, but knowing Kenma in this situation, something was wrong.

"What is it?" Kuroo asked and hurriedly took a step closer.
"Argh." Kenma frowned, "I forgot this needs cumin."
"What??"
"Cumin."
"I don't understand."
"It's a flowering plant, it's a spice, it adds flavor. This won't taste right without it." Kenma didn't let his frustration show but Kuroo could tell.

"I'll run to the store. Just tell me what it is and I'll buy it." Kuroo offered.

And Kenma looked at him and Kuroo could see that tiny flash of hope behind his eyes, how could he ever pass on that.

"Okay." Kenma walked over the side, grabbed a pen, and wrote on the paper pad.

McNeko Ground Cumin, it's a spice.