Chapter Thirteen

Friday | February 14, 2014

Moe's POV

After about a month, the past was already behind us. I'm pretty sure JJ was back to normal, well. At least see she seems like she is. None of us were telling lies, we were't keeping secrets and I guess you can say. Everything was back to normal. Thankfully, Andrew was kicked out of campus so we wouldn't have to worry about him anymore.

Today was Valentines Day. I'm not that big on hearts and heart shaped boxes filled with chocolate. Really, I was just happy it was a Friday and I had nothing to worry about, but to fall asleep in my bed for the entire day. Now that was what I was looking forward too.

I took a quick shower and changed into sweats and a large sweatshirt and basically pulled myself up and out of my wheelchair and onto my couch where I already set up a bunch of blankets just for myself. I put my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed the TV remote and began scrolling through channels.

After settling on The Game of Thrones there was a knock on my door and I let out an audible moan. "You can come in." I say as my eyes stay glued to the TV.

I hear the door open and JJ walks in with a smile on her face as she hands me a heart shaped box and guess what was in it? Chocolate.

"JJ, if this has any carmel or if it's milk chocolate I won't eat it." I say with a sigh as I take the chocolate from her hands.

"Oh, well happy Valentines Day to you too. And by the way, it's dark chocolate. I know that's the one you enjoy the most." JJ says with a small smile.

"Thanks." I say as I open the box and pop a chocolate in my mouth and hand one to JJ.

"What are you doing here all by yourself? There's a Valentines Dance at the courthouse today." JJ says as she sits next to me on the couch.

"Not big on Valentines Day. Besides, I don't have a date." I say.

"So? Christen and Kelley are going and they don't have dates." JJ says.

"Yeah but still. I kind of just want to stay in my room today. You know?"

"Okay, well I'll stay here with you." JJ says as she moves in closer to me, going underneath the pile of blankets that I was under.

"Is this how you always spend Valentines Day?" JJ asks as she rests her head on my chest.

"Yeah I guess so. I isolated myself from everyone because, you know. I wasn't different."

"Morgan, different does not define you. Neither does weird and disabled. You know that."

"I know, I just used to be." I say with a sigh.

"Either way. I know I didn't know you back then and I really wish I had. But, all those years those words still don't define who you are. I've said this so many times to you Morgan but you're more than just the girl on the wheelchair. You're so much more than that and deep down I know you know that too. You just have to accept who you are."

"I used to play soccer Julie, really all I want to do is play soccer again. Be able to walk and run and jump up and hug you. I dream about that every night you know? But it's always a dream, they never come true."