Chapter 1

Long ago, before the modern day, there was a young boy Jake. He was just a regular poor boy in Japan. He wondered around in a city until he found a old temple at end of town. Jake opens the door to find out that it was still being used. He sees a wall full of different kinds of weapons.

Jake's POV

I said to himself, "Wow, this place looks so run down on the outside, by on the inside its---"

"Its what, young one?"

I turns around and sees an old man standing right behind him.

The old man said, "You said it was something, young one, now what is this temple on the inside?" I said, "Well, on the inside, it's really nice and it looks rich like someone re-model it." The old man said, "Well, now you've learned your first lesson, young one. Don't judge someone or something by looks or anything on the outside, but what's on the inside of them. Didn't they teach you that in school?" I said, "I don't go to school, I'm poor. My family is gone and I have no one to take care of me. I learned how to talk on my own, though." The old man ask, "What is your name?" I said, "My name is Jake." The old man said, "My name is Master Roshi." Jake said, "So, you have lived in this place for how many years? You look like you have been here for over 100 years." Master Roshi said, "Yes, I have here for 100 years. This temple is where my students used to train to become shinobis." Jake was shocked and said, "Shinobis?" Master Roshi said, "Yes, Shinobis. I sent them on dangerous missions and they turned out to be successful. But, one night, it was a army of the Mazukai attacked the city, of course it was a village before a city. Another army, the Izuyakai army, was sent out to take innocent people out of there, I was one of the people taken, but my students stayed behind to help the Izuyakai army defeat the Mazukai army. When the war was over, an Izuyakai solider came to me with a necklace, a sword, a little knife, and a ear ring. Those items belong to my students, they died for the sake of this city, I live for one purpose, to get my revenge on the Mazukai army for taking my beloved students." Jake looked at Master Roshi, then said, "I have a question for you, will you train me to be a Shinobi?" Master Roshi said, "No! I lost my students to the Mazukai army, I'm not losing a child that was off the streets." I said, "Please? Please teach me Master Roshi."

In a instant.

Master Roshi said, "G-Get out of my temple at once!!!!!"

Master Roshi grabbed my by the arm and dragged me to the door and threw me outside, I fell to the ground, I looks at Master Roshi. Master Roshi gives a mean look, I got up and ran away. Master Roshi closed his door, and went to his room to go to bed.