~Chapter 1~

A flower was tilted, in the midst of a sea of red tulips. The flower was as black as night. It stood out from the rest. Suddenly, a shadow of wings glided nearby leaving a trail of darkness in its path. A hand reached out and grasped one bright red tulip and the tilted flower. The ground started to shake and dissolve into thin air. Falling..... Falling..... Falling......

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I groaned, annoyed by the sound of my alarm. Right when I was having a decent dream.... Great. I hated those moments, those last ounces of sleep just plucked away by the stupid alarm. The sound was still ringing in my ears so I turned the alarm off. I laid back down and stared at the dark ceiling.

I really don't want to go to school. I mean I can always pretend I caught a cold.... Meh, but that's not believable. No way am I trying something that's been used way too many times on TV. Hm..... Maybe if I tell them I have a stomach ache? No.... My mom would tell me to get some Advil and that there are far worse things in the world. Oh! If I tell them that I have a terrible headache and I was hit by a bus then they might not make me go to school, Ugh, brain think...... Well that leaves me with going to school.

I huffed and sprung myself out of bed. I slowly made my way across my room to the door. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I turned the knob and walked outside of my room, saying a silent goodbye to my bed. I walked towards the washroom and faced the sink.

"Ok.... One day. You can do this. Ok well maybe not one day but, the rest of the week." I muttered to myself.

I turned on the tap and splashed the water on my faces, closing my eyes. I soon patted my fave dry with a towel and brushed my teeth. I then walked into the second part of the bathroom which had a door connecting to the shower and toilet. I closed the door and locked it.

Now let's just fast forward a bit... I don't think you'd want to read about me cleaning myself. Although it's very important to clean yourself. Anyways....

I got out of the shower wrapping a loose shirt around my hair and towel around my body after drying. I walked into the other part of the bathroom and made sure I remembered to do everything before facing the door to head to my room. At that exact moment I heard a loud banging coming from the other side and wince.

"Hey.... Can you hurry up Nat? I really gotta piss." I heard my older brother, Lucen complain.

"Ok, Ok. I was just about to go to my room anyways. And there wasn't any need for the loud banging. Geez." I replied.

I open up the door and I'm suddenly pushed aside by my brother, practically falling into the door. He rushes into the second part of the bathroom and shuts the door. I decide to make my way towards my room locking the door behind me. With a faint sigh, I pick out my usual clothes consisting of jeans, a hoodie and a NBHD t-shirt. I do my hair, making sure I put in all the essentials like leave-in conditioner and oil, which is a must for my curly hair. Then I slick it back into a bun, and head out of my room grabbing my phone, backpack and jacket. I head downstairs, hearing my brother stumble out of the bathroom and slam his door shut. I honestly am truly concerned these days...

As I head downstairs, I see no sign of my parents, which is pretty normal for me knowing they're always at work. Lucen and I became kind of our own little family, because of this. I never really talk to my parents anymore, even though they're paying the bills, I feel like they believe their money is more important than their children. I don't regret being closer to Lucen though, he holds a special place in my heart and I don't think we could ever be separated. I mean, we did everything together, with the company of my best friend Alex.