Chapter 11: Rogues

Malina's Pov

"Good morning," Bella's dad sat in front of me at the table with Alec and Makayla.

Isaac was still gone. I had no idea where he went. The guards said he didn't get out through the gates so he was somewhere in the pack but where?

The door opened and in walked Isaac. His hair was a mess, full of leaves. He had sticks poking out his jacket.

"There's no guards on the south border. That needs to be fixed," he walked into the kitchen and made himself a plate of breakfast.

"Where have you been?" Bella's dad, Lucas, asked. Alec frowned at his plate, not saying anything.

Isaac shrugged,"I was getting some fresh air. I needed it."

"Can I tell you my reason now dad?" Alec crossed his arms over his chest. Lucas nodded and watched Isaac sit at the chair beside me,"he is the reason Bella is dead. Plain and simple. You act like he's a son you never had. I feel like I'm not your son sometimes. You're closer to him than you are to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough for you-"

"Alexander," Lucas tried to cut him off but Alec just kept talking, ignoring him.

"That's why I went rogue on him. He's pulling my life right from under my feet and it took me this long to notice. He took my sister from me. He even took my dad. What's he going to take next? He's stronger than me, faster than me. Would you rather have him as a son than me? Do you wish to disown me?" He stood up from the chair and walked out the room before Lucas could say something. Makayla just stared at his back.

Isaac was just staring at his plate like nothing happened. He just continued to eat like none of it bothered him.

"He's right. I did kill Bella. I did get closer to you and pushed him away. When Elaine died, he didn't get close to you. He backed farther away. I was taking his life. Taking his dad. I took his sister away from him," he threw his plate in the trash,"that's what I do though right. I screw up other people's lives."

"Isaac," Lucas stood up and crossed his arms. Isaac shrugged.

"Tell me Lucas. Tell me I'm the killer that they're building me up to be. You told me to focus on something else and here I am. I'm focusing on something else!" He brushed a leaf from his hair before walking up the stairs.

Lucas closed his eyes for a second before he sighed and excused himself to take a walk around the pack. Makayla only stared at me.

"Isaacs got a temper," she murmured under my breath.

"Alec started it," I crossed my arms and stood up. She couldn't blame it on Isaac just because she liked Alec. That wasn't fair. Isaac didn't even do anything.

"Don't be a child Malina," she waved me off. I growled under my breath.

And then I said something I think I regretted,"well he's not my mate. He's yours. You'll take his side no matter what. At least my mate doesn't have a daughter."

"What?" She stood off the chair and stared at me. Her eyes were turning red. I froze, staring at her.

"Makayla, I...I didn't mean to tell you that," she started to push me towards the door. What was she going to do?

"Get out," she opened the door and blocked me out with her body. She knew I wouldn't hurt her.

"It's my house," I murmured under my breath.

She pushed me. I didn't think she would ever push me, but she did. She pushed me hard enough to make me fall on the ground, hitting my shoulder on something. Makayla shut the door in my face.