LILY

Okay, first off I'm amazed. This story went from 392 reads to 471 reads in a matter of two hours! Thank you all so so so so so much! I love you all!

I also want to say thanks to bella45074 and LilyEvans1117 Because you guys gave me votes and support. I thank you all. This chapter is for you.

Okay, I'm starting to drone on and on and on and on. I'm sorry if I'm boring you. Again, no dibs.

I wake early. I don't know why, maybe I'm excited to see James.

I've been liking my time with him more.

I still don't understand what happens to me when I'm around him.

People say its a crush.

But its not.

My heart doesn't crush, it inflates.

It elevates.

Almost like a hot air balloon.

So, I guess its not a crush.

I guess its an inflate.

How am I supposed to know?

I never loved anyone except mum, dad, and Petunia.

I don't know what's happening to me.

Ugh, I've got to stop thinking.

Think about anything but love, Lily. Anything.

Think.

Think.

Think.

Oh! The match! Its in - what?

I check the clock.

Its in half an hour! I have to go!

I dress in haste, and leave for the field.

***

"Yo, Evans!" I hear James call. I walk towards him.

"Hi, Potter."

He drapes the scarf around my neck, and I make a point of putting it on. I'm dressed in Gryffindor pride.

Red and gold.

Red and gold.

Everywhere you look its red and gold or green and silver.

The match starts in five minutes.

"Listen, James, I've gotta go to my seat, so -"

He cups my face and pulls me into a kiss. I gasp and put my hands on his chest to pull away. He just pulls me closer. After, I don't resist, and I melt into the kiss. He puts his hands around my waist. My mouth moves against his, and the kiss eventually slows And I pull away

"Good luck," I breath, barely a whisper.

I  rush to take my seat in the stand next to Marlene. Of course she's here, Sirius is Keeper.

***

The game is close, Slytherin at 90 and Gryffindor at 100

And then...

"Gryffindor has the snitch!" I hear the announcer shout. "James Potter has caught the snitch!" I heat cheering from all the Gryffindors. James does a victory lap high in the air. Really high.

Then, quick as light, a bludger hits him square in the chest. I gasp.

James falls from the broomstick, hitting the ground at maximum speed and impact. But to me, it feels like slow motion.

I just stare. I don't move, don't panic, just stare.

He isn't moving. Not at all. He just lays there, snitch still in hand. I don't know if he is breathing

Madam Pompfrey is called, and James is carried to the hospital wing.

Now mobile again, I jump out of my seat and rush to the hospital wing.

Marlene Follows close behind.