LILY

I rushed into potions at exactly one minute before the class starts. Jumping into a seat next to Marlene and Alice, I composed myself for the class ahead.

"Where were you?" Marlene asked, eyeing me.

I pulled my fingers through my hair. "I was sleeping, Marley. I slept in," I answered calmly, as if that would explain everything.

"Oh, really?" Ali asked, her voice full of skepticism. "Then why weren't you in our dorm last night? You've never been out later than midnight without us. Never. So what happened? Why weren't you in bed last night?"

"Unless....," Marley said, her eyes meeting Alice's, full of mischief.

Ali caught on."... Maybe she wasn't in her bed..."

I whacked both Marls and Alice on the arm. "Oh, Merlin, guys! Get your heads out if the gutter! I fell asleep on the sofa near the fire!"

It was almost all the truth.

Before either of them could say something, I closed the subject. "So, what's going on with you two?"

The simultaneously shrugged. "Nothing much," they chorused.

"Do you guys rehearse that?" I asked.

They were both in perfect sync when they answered, "no."

They turned to each other. "Stop that!" They said in unison.

"No, you stop!" They said simultaneously.

"No, you stop!"

"Stop it!"

This went in for almost until class started. As soon as Slughorn walked into the door, I straightened from .y slouched posture and opened up my previous notes, ready to take some more.

More notes, that is.

I'm awful! I made you wait so long! But my swim team is having a competition soon and I'm preforming for my vocal class and I've been soooooo busy during spring break. You know what, I won't give you excuses even if they are true. Just wanna THANK YOU ALL FOR 10K. bbbbbyyyyyeeeeeeeee