Chapter One ~First Day of School~

Okay, this is my first time writing anything really, so please give me a chance. :)

Hi, my names Lexi but parents, teachers and just about everybody else call me Alexandra. I'm 16 years old and I'm a shifter which means I can willingly shift or 'turn' in to an animal. Now there are lots of types of shifters in the world, like wolves, lions, wild-dogs, (black, brown and polar) bears and then there are tigers like me. Oh didn't I mention that? Oops, silly me. Well, the lions all live in their family-groups also known as 'prides', the wolves and wild-dogs live in packs and us tigers, well there isn’t many of us left in the world so we’re are normally looked down upon.

I’m just about to start at my new high school, I’m from Australia but right now, I’m living in Tennessee. Right in America’s south, I’m really short about 150cm or 4ft 11 and for a tiger, especially that’s really small. I have brown eyes and dark brown hair with bright blue stripes through it because I thought the white stripes looked a bit weird, I have a little bit of a tummy which isn’t really normal for us shifters but I like it. I’m now living with my best friend Kane Anderson and his parents, after my parents died last month. The big game hunters got them.

Kane is 17, and he’s a wolf in the local pack. He’s about 180cm or 5ft and 10inches, so he’s average height for a shifter. He’s lean and has sandy blonde hair with bright blue eyes. He’s really nice and sweet to me like an older big brother.

Chapter 1 ~First Day of School~

Lexi POV

I woke up early not wanting to be late for my first day at my new school. I jumped in the shower and brushed my teeth. I walked back to my room with a towel on and got dressed in faded blue jeans and a dark purple singlet. I put a little bit of make-up on and straightened my hair. I grabbed my backpack and jean jacket before running down the stairs into the kitchen. As Kane walked down the steps into the kitchen I greeted him with a big smile.

“Mornin Kane!” I said as I grabbed two glasses and poured some orange juice into them. I pass one to Kane as he mumbled a morning… I think..  between two yawns.

“Are ya ready to head off to school?” he asked with a smile

“Yeah… I guess so.” I mumbled back,

“Don’t worry, ya gonna be fine!” he said as he grabbed his car keys. “BYE MA!” he yelled right next to me and I had to close my eyes for a second.

“BYE MRS ANDERSON!” I yelled as I walk out the front door. I think I heard a ‘bye kids’ as I got into Kane’s car.

As we rocked up to school, I was starting to really feel my nerves kicking in. We had already been to the school a week ago to get all the paper work done and get my class list.

As I walked in through the front doors, everyone stared and looked down at me but I held my head up as I walked past them. Just then a tall girl stood in front of me.

“Who are you? You’re not from around here! Why are you here?” she bombarded me with questions.

“Um...” I squeaked just as Kane stepped next to me.

“She’s a friend of the family, Lorin.” He answered for me

“Oh. But why is she here?”

“Cause she’s stayin at my place.” He answered as he grabbed my hand and started dragging me away.